Author Topic: The Cogs - Season 2 Rules and Format  (Read 80864 times)

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cogs - Season 2 Rules and Format
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2013, 03:18:00 pm »
Will the Cog's matches count for points in the new competitive system by default? Don't think it's been specified yet.
Yes. Any organized play can count for points.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2013, 11:24:13 am »
Will the Cog's matches count for points in the new competitive system by default? Don't think it's been specified yet.
Yes. Any organized play can count for points.

In the case of cogs, is this automatic or must both teams agree for it to count for points?

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2013, 04:53:03 pm »
it probably counts as a tournament thing rather than a scrim. The overall structure contains more than 2 teams, after all.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2013, 12:49:36 am »
I'd really recommend taking a look at the Flotsam Dynasty Campaign to make things run smoother. A system similar to the Duck Buddies could be incorporated to make sure both teams are in the match lobby once the game before theirs starts. It does wonders for the transitions, and I think we can all agree that transitions between matches contribute to Cogs dragging out.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2013, 04:12:02 am »
Can we get some guidelines in place for late starts? Not to be nasty about it. We've seen it before where time zones get messed up and teams don't show. But when you've got over 30 ppl waiting for over 30 mins and then move on only to change minds and have them wait longer to go back and do a match that was already canceled. I'm fine if they get moved to the next week for another shot but it isn't fair to the teams who are ready and waiting. Plus I'm sure some players have other things to do or get done when the event ends.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2013, 09:45:51 am »
Agreed with Gilder. What happened on Saturday was really, really silly and pointless.