Author Topic: Boarding other ships?  (Read 12264 times)

Offline nalaskey

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Boarding other ships?
« on: February 25, 2013, 09:31:39 pm »
So, a few friends and I realized that you can board enemy ships while in game... You can't do anything once you're on, but hey. Any who, how cool would it be to have melee combat introduced to the game?!? Nothing crazy, maybe swords or whatever. There is already a spawn system for falling off a ship, so why not being slashed to death? Like I said, nothing too over the top. It would add that WOW factor, I suppose. At least in my eyes.
What do you guys think?
Happy buffing!
-nalaskey.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Boarding other ships?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:35:51 pm »
The idea of boarding has been discussed, well, probably more than any other sugggestion Muse has gotten. However, you have to remember that the whole point of Guns of Icarus Online is airship combat and teamwork. Boarding would distract from the main idea of the game, and it would require a crazy amount of extra balancing. I understand that you're new here, but you'll get to see over time how often the guns change as Muse tries to keep the meta from going stale or giving a huge advantage to a certain gun or ship. Adding boarding would overcomplicate things. It wouldn't be as much fun as you'd think, anyways.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:53:01 pm »
Can somebody find that image?

Offline ATeddyBear

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 12
    • [HRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 10:40:28 pm »
Here is a link to the blog post about why there will never be boarding. Also the topic is locked per the guidelines

http://gunsoficarus.com/community/blog/about-boarding/#more-3684
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:42:27 pm by ATeddyBear »