Author Topic: Guns of Icarus: A Diesel Punk tale ( Rpg proposed rule system)  (Read 75511 times)

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of Icarus: A Diesel Punk tale ( Rpg proposed rule system)
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2013, 08:23:17 am »
Hehe as said, I'm certainly interested and I might join you in the future. I'd probably have to get myself to learn the basics of tabletops first.

Though 10PM Eastern is 4AM for me, and with going up 5:30AM for work it's a bit tough. But yeah, maybe in the future.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2013, 01:18:04 am »
Since that timing is very bad for you, I can definitely work out a different play time to allow for a test of the system.  Tuesday/Wednesday morning (8-9AM eastern) I can do fairly easily as well, but it wouldn't go on for very long as I work nights and try to keep a night schedule for sleep.

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2013, 04:40:42 am »
Players are sitting down to dinner with Han Tzu at a poche, expensive restaurant, they are served small avian meals covered in a light, orange sauce and garnished.  The make insight roles that I ask for, each of them, on the symbolism of the meal they are eating, not a single character passes the check.  After receiving troubling news that Han Tzu's wife means to assassinate him, he asks to retire to the lavatory so that he may compose himself, feeling rather sick to the stomach from the sudden news.
This entire night, evidence leads to Han Tzu as being a shrewd businessmen but not a violent or aggressive person, even going to lengths to provide his wife with considerable estates and wealth for a divorce he is planning.  (his wife is a Baronies Baroness, this is important).
Suddenly men arrive, in full military grade body armor and weaponry and shoot up the restaurant.  Han Tzu had planned the entire thing it seems.  The party survives the encounter, and kills Han Tzu.  They might have been forewarned to his treachery had they noticed they had been served ravens for dinner.   

He called me low born, so I gatted him in a toilet stall, so it's fine.

Don't forget me cutting his arm off and then saying "Grass grows, birds fly, and broda... I hurt people."

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2013, 11:56:03 am »
@Tim: Oh it's fine, I'll just observe the development from afar. Thanks for the offer though.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2013, 02:56:04 am »
We are on for Wednesday nite people! 
Send me or PapaParadox a steam friend hit if you want in for the play test.  We don't "Need" more people, but more people would generate more ideas that will hopefully find a break in the system that would otherwise sneak it's way in.

Next week, if all things go as planned, we implement Air Ship combat and stats.  More on this to follow, when I write it -.-

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2013, 09:34:40 am »
We are on for Wednesday nite people! 
Send me or PapaParadox a steam friend hit if you want in for the play test.  We don't "Need" more people, but more people would generate more ideas that will hopefully find a break in the system that would otherwise sneak it's way in.

Next week, if all things go as planned, we implement Air Ship combat and stats.  More on this to follow, when I write it -.-
Time is EST still?

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2013, 03:22:45 am »
Yes it is.  We've managed to get another game in with two new players, they were able to pick the game up very quickly, one didn't even have any experience with previous pen and paper type games so thats a huge plus for the direction we've been going with while developing the systems.

We might not get to airship combat next week as I hoped, the story took a different turn and unless I blue lightning the event into place it'll seem awkward and out of place, plus I get more time to adjust and set stats to a few starter ships while flushing out the lore and feel of ships that don't exist in GOI.

Added more clarity to Death and Dying and the way in which characters can be healed inside and outside of combat.  The balance to Dex giving it some shooting power worked out well, though it has to be watched as we add experience and "level" gain to the pool to allow for the characters to grow their stats and become greater threats, which will also increase the challenge.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2013, 03:43:03 am »

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2013, 08:33:45 am »
Oh, wait, you folks don't mind D&D newbies? In that case I may sign up for the next test, but be warned, I'll probably be very frustrating and due to sod's law very lucky.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2013, 08:43:04 pm »
Lol, don't worry about being overly lucky in this game, a bad luck streak quickly results in death.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2013, 05:30:25 pm »
i'll jump on this idea too! just tell me how to get set up and i'll be there :3

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2013, 10:56:36 pm »
I ran into a few glitches with some of the ship systems after a short play test.

I need another week to get it into full push, then we can have a play session, though it won't be on the normal time.  If you want in when I have enough, add me on Steam, same name, and give me a shout so I can group my friends list into a testers package. 

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2013, 11:51:14 pm »
Is this still working? Can we get some updates?

Offline kingserak

• Salutes: 0
    • [MLAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2013, 10:08:12 pm »
Any updates on this? My friends and I are really interested in playing!

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2013, 03:28:20 am »
I will come back to this at a future date, I screwed up a lot of the writing parts and needed to balance the sheets out.  The last play test presented some glaring errors in the game, and I don't have a lot of easy answers for them, though I've managed to work out a good amount of them by finding answers in other projects.