Author Topic: Lumberjack  (Read 8669 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Lumberjack
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:51:50 pm »
Lower the arc so it's easier to aim with. Most of the gunners can't hit anything with it so it's not fitted on most ships. I think if the gun was easier to aim with than more captains would use it.

Offline Ccrack

• Salutes: 25
    • [duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Lumberjack
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:39:19 pm »
i think the arc of its fine especially with lesmok, i think the problem lies in projectile speed since its a long range weapon

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 03:26:35 am »
I may be going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure the Lumberjack is intentionally difficult to shoot. It's one of the most powerful weapons in the game so it has been made difficult to land all the shots for balance purposes. I recommend to anyone to take the time to master it though, it's worth it.

Offline Ccrack

• Salutes: 25
    • [duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 05:16:06 am »
agreed with smollett, the shatter damage on it pretty much brakes everything it hits in 1 go, and the aoe fletchet wrecks balloons in 2 or so shots.   its basicly a heavy carranade on steroids thats been fused with a sniper

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:17:46 am »
Have you versed the Lumberjack? It can rip you apart (last time I checked, which was before the big patch).

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:35:51 am »
The Lumberjack was insanely over-powered before the arming timer was added, now it's a very powerful weapon balanced by the difficulty in use.  It's not popular because you can't just leap onto it and be a proficient shot, but it's worth learning how to use it.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 09:39:41 am »
Agreed with everyone here. With a good gunner, it can effectively pin a ship down from a huge range away. I wasnt a believer until I made one of my main gunners get proficient with it. And with meta shifting from all long range to many variants, it has become a much more useful tactic.