Author Topic: Fire! *Suggestion*  (Read 43153 times)

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Fire! *Suggestion*
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2013, 06:10:34 am »
I think that a buff to fire's damage would be pretty cool, cos the amount of damage that the flamethrower deals out only seems to be worthwhile when up close in an enemy's blindspot. All other ranges and locations around a ship make it outmatched in nearly all regards. Likewise, I think that changing how fire charges work would also be welcome- it would change how people view incendiary rounds, as well as the banshee.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2013, 01:04:01 pm »
I think what we all need to think about is that we can't buff the flame too much. While we may be unhappy about what its putting out we should only expect a slight bump otherwise the flamer will overtake everything and the meta will be double flames.

I'm not sure if what I'm saying is right but that's what I'm understanding from this

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2013, 08:01:48 pm »
I actually had no problem with the previous flamethrower.

The problem was, like all disabling weapons, it was brutal against newer players.

Hopefully they get enough boost to make them viable and we improve our new player teaching so we can have nice things.

Offline Audie Murphy

• Salutes: 5
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2013, 10:36:37 pm »
Well, beyond just better player teaching, the game itself needs to be welcoming to new players, else you risk confining your audience too much.

Game mechanics should stay as simple as possible to accomplish the given goals. I think that we can give fire damage a buff without making it overly complicated.

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2013, 04:37:32 am »
I agree with Smollett here 100% there needs to be exhibition matches where a caster who knows piloting comments and explains the moves. @Audie this games mechanics are as simple as they come. I truly think the basics are easy and mastering them is what turns your basic pilot into a force of nature.

Right now 90% of pilots don't know a GD thing about maneuvering beyond pyri flies straight at enemies rawr! They need to understand how brawling works to actually understand how piloting works. TBH Smollett, sammy, and hizumi along with a few Falconeer hopeful pilots could fly against eachother with people like Zill and skyraider commentating so hopeful GoI pilots could truly understand the depth of point and counterpoint in piloting.

That was a little off topic but I would love to see it.

@Gambrill flame spread is that buff if flames could spread to chem sprayed equipment. and IMO that would be the true balance point. OK you chem sprayed the hull good for you that 15 stacks of fire on that gun you don't care about just went straight into the chem sprayed hull. You now decide whether letting that fire burn itself out while you sit on the hull with chem is the right decision or if bringing an extinguisher is the right decision. It's a single change that adds more decisions and IMO that is great.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2013, 08:23:27 am »
They should just lower the number of charges it takes to turn a gun red hot. It's at 8 charges right now, What if it was cut in half? Than we could disable guns again without it being too powerful.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2013, 11:24:49 am »
... I think the original ideas of this post aren't that lovely with the new engineering things and stuff.