Author Topic: Where to put you  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Where to put you
« on: November 13, 2014, 03:00:47 pm »
If I am flying a Pyramidion and I have two engineers on the top deck (one with a standard kit and one with a wrench buff) whitch engineer should I put by the balloon any why?

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
Re: Where to put you
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 03:02:30 pm »
I usually put the person with standard kit on balloon since they are closer to it and can repair/rebuild it quicker.

Buff person can buff/prebuff it at their leisure then run over and give the final tap when needed, or help with rebuilds if you're getting popped a lot.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 05:39:41 pm »
Whenever I've flown standard kit is by balloon. I spose it's because they have a mallet for better repairs and a spanner for faster rebuilds. And the buffgi will still have time to buff it.

Also I think usually people have the gun they want firing all the time on the right, and the one that needs firing less so on the left. To give the Balloon engi time to chem and rebuild. (Consider a Metamidion or a Melonmidion, you want the gat on most of the time, and mortar for hull breaks, and on melonmidion, carro only for when the balloon is up, flamer for the rest of the time [Carroflamer is a terrible example])

Offline nhbearit

• Salutes: 27
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 07:10:31 pm »
Whenever I take my Pyra out for a spin, I generally have an engie with wrench, buff, chem balloon-side. If I'm flying a metamidion, this engie is also in charge of the mortar and can keep my balloon buffed and chem-sprayed. The other gun, the gat on my metamidion, generally takes spanner mallet buff. This let's them keep the gat repaired, and pre-buffed at all times. If there are quite a few flamers on the other team, I'll swap out my top-right engie to have wrench buff chem as well. This way the guns stay repaired, usable, and prebuffed at all times.