Author Topic: The Cohort - Recruiting casual-competitive gamers - US based  (Read 20349 times)

Offline Salous

• Salutes: 21
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
    • The Cohort

Ever wonder if your life has meaning? A purpose? Ever wonder why you sign up on a ship just to be kicked off to make room for someone? Why every time you’re just about to kill that Pyramidion you find yourself blown to smithereens because the engineer starts drooling on his buffing hammer as he whacks the balloon on a Goldfish. We know why—it’s because you don’t have a group. The only remedy to these dreaded life questions is “The Cohort.”

The Cohort is an effective outfit tailored to be a tactical machine. It mixes both the numbers and brute force of an armada with the tact and speed of a pirate sloop. Employing skill and training, the Cohort strikes true to turn the tides of battle and sink all vessels who oppose. Harnessing strong leadership with a background of excellency, the Cohort is sure to make anyone that’s team oriented have a great time shooting down those pesky Squids.

What can we offer to give you purpose in this game?

1. Competitive Oriented Play – From small skirmishes to tournaments, the Cohort will be there.

2. Organization – We enjoy working together, and the effectiveness of our tactics reflect that.

3. Training – Helping members to get up to speed to help turn them into amazing players.

4. Great atmosphere within the group – A ruff’n’tuff atmosphere to surely help carve diamonds out of stones!

5. An American based prime time – For all of those who work early and play late, we have a 9pm EST prime time.

6. Skirmishes – Both competitive for bragging rights and for practice to develop tactics.

Do you think you found a purpose in us? See our requirements to see if you fit in with us:

1. Must be 20 or older, although some exceptions can be made.

2. Teamspeak is required along with a working microphone.

3. Must be team oriented - that means being able to follow orders as well as help give them and support them.

4. Thick skin – we are not kidding about cutting diamonds out of stone.

5. Must be a competitive gamer. There is no time requirement, all we ask is that you strive to play at a high level when you do play. Also note that skill level is not the determining factor, ability to learn and communicate with others is key above all.

If you would like to try us out or speak to me personally about The Cohort, feel free to contact me in game or through steam.

Steam user name : zrba
Steam nick name : Salous

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:31:30 pm by Sgt. Spoon »

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cohort - Recruiting competitive gamers - US based
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 11:52:59 pm »
Salous found me when I was just messing around with the game and first starting to get good at piloting. We picked up and formed a good crew with various other players, and we decided to bring the Cohort into Guns of Icarus. Ever since then, I've enjoyed a standard set of people crewing my ship, knowing how I fly and how to get good effective kills. They've taught me a lot, I've taught them a lot. Honestly, if you want a good competitive crew to roll with, give us a shot. If nothing else, I guarantee you'll come out of it a better player, even if you decide you don't want to stick with us. If you do want to stick it out, you'll end up having a good time! Look forward to having some of you on my ship!

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 02:55:19 am »
I also fly with The Cohort. Salous found me almost as soon as I decided I wanted to find a group. I believe I was one of the first recruited by him for this game.

Honestly, I was a bit skeptical at first. However, it's been a great learning experience, and I've gotta say - I think I've found my home. Since joining up, I've switched my main focus from engineer to pilot, and I've improved quite a bit in all roles.

We're growing quite quickly, so there's almost always someone on for crew in random games. Not to mention the fact that most of us get on almost every night around 9-11pm EST, and have been known to play til upwards of 6am. If you're thinking about giving this group a shot, I highly recommend it.

Offline Mathematical

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 03:08:21 am »
I'm with the Cohort.

I like to hit components with mallets and spanners.
The Cohort gave me a place to do that with other people that enjoy the game and strive to be better players
We play hard and keep an eye out to help improve on one another's abilities.
They even took the slice out of my drive.
I was lucky to get picked up relatively early after getting into this game.

That said, I haven't had a cooler group of guys to play games with since I played with my buddy down the street on his n64.
12 years ago.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:11:44 am by Mathematical »

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:06:39 pm »
I'm not with the Cohort but have had relations with them over the last few weeks

These guys are eager to become one of the top competitive teams on the game. If you want to make a name for yourself with a new clan, these guys will whip you into shape or make you go home crying. I've been on the receiving end of their operations and it's naasty.

And no, I will not name my baby boy Salous.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:37:59 pm by Chango »

Offline Salous

• [COx]
    • View Profile
    • The Cohort
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 10:12:44 pm »
I'm not with the Cohort but have had relations with them over the last few weeks

These guys are eager to become one of the top competitive teams on the game. If you want to make a name for yourself with a new clan, these guys will whip you into shape or make you go home crying. I've been on the receiving end of their operations and it's naasty.

And no, I will not name my baby boy Salous.

Thank you for your kind words Chango. Remember, i'm just asking you to keep an open mind about naming your soon to be new born. :)

Offline Salous

• [COx]
    • View Profile
    • The Cohort
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 05:00:41 pm »
We're looking to pick up five new crewmen to help us fill out our ships for competitive matches and the tournament coming up May 25. Current skill level is not an issue. You only need to be able to play with us and be willing to listen and learn. Hit me up if interested, will list our teamspeak info as well. Everyone is more than welcome to jump on for a match or two. Ask to speak to one of the members or myself to learn more about The Cohort.

ip is t304.darkstarLLC.com:10076

password is cohortstrong.

Offline Varuuu

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:14:39 pm »
I've been with the Cohort for ages, and I would just like to say that I, Mr. Varuuu, love turtles.

Offline Saavedra

• Salutes: 0
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cohort - Recruiting casual-competitive gamers - US based
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 10:33:20 pm »
Turtles are indeed awesome, Varuuu.

I just wanted to say that this is a great group of guys.  I was playing for maybe 3 days and had no idea what I was doing and these guys offered to bring me onto their team and tell me everything I needed to know to play and win.  Didn't even expect anything in return.  In fact, even if you don't want to join, I recommend anyone who wants to learn how to play to fly with these guys.  Look up any of the members who identified ourselves in this post and we'll all be happy to share what we know.

Great group of guys, but I also believe we are the best in the game right now, as well.  If anybody out there wants to prove me wrong, we'll accept the challenge.  All we really want is to always get better at what we do and to always have good fights, that's really what The Cohort is about.

Offline Varuuu

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 09:17:57 pm »
Hey Saavedra, stop trying to steal my turtles spotlight with your high and mighty opinion of the Cohort! ......although it's pretty spot on.  :-\

Offline dragonmere

• [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 04:27:41 pm »
I would just like to reiterate, if anyone is even remotely interested in this group, feel free to jump on our Teamspeak any time and check us out. Absolutely everyone is welcome to come on and have a good time, even if we are slightly selective with actual recruits. We usually have quite a few people on after 10:00PM EST, and it's always a fun experience.

Teamspeak info :
ip is t304.darkstarLLC.com:10076
password is cohortstrong

I know we're not 'huge' yet, because most of our members play only late weekday nights and we haven't been able compete in a tournament due to the weekend early evening time requirements. Hopefully there are wonderful things in the works for the competitive community, and we will be well regarded soon enough.  ;) Stranger things have happened...

Anyone else interested, or if you would like to be considered for being directly recruited, please hit me up here, in game, or on steam. Hell, find me on facebook. My handle is the same everywhere. If you find 'dragonmere' on a service, it is probably me.

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 04:05:13 pm »
The Gentlemen are also part of the late night teamspeak group. If you enjoy flying with me or a more organized group, I'd advise getting on the teamspeak.

Offline dragonmere

• [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 12:18:53 pm »
We're gonna be taking on new players rather aggressively, and recruiting quite a bit here in the near future. There will be COx tagged in the new patch. We're making a comeback from total obscurity back to partial obscurity. You have been warned.

God wills it!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:20:54 pm by dragonmere »

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 01:24:02 pm »
We're gonna be taking on new players rather aggressively, and recruiting quite a bit here in the near future. There will be COx tagged in the new patch. We're making a comeback from total obscurity back to partial obscurity. You have been warned.

God wills it!
Looking forward to seeing you guys around more often, always enjoy flying on the Teamwork.

Offline dragonmere

• [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 04:50:22 pm »
Still recruiting! The 'old-guard' - the initial bunch I flew with - is mostly gone :-[ but we're still here, and the Cohort [COx] remains a force to be reckoned with.

What we're looking for is a slightly smaller clan, but one where every single member is completely familiar with one another, and fully capable of crewing in any combination. No set ships, no set crews. Join up, do good, and you're instantly Cohort famous. We are one happy family.

We are not a COGs tournament group, and will not be for the foreseeable future. We just play together, and win most of the time. Since the Cohort will NOT be competing in any tournaments or competitions as a group, all of our members are available for hire on a case-by-case basis. Do you need a fill-in or a sub for the COGs or other tournament? Hit us up, hopefully we'll be able to help out.

Also worth mentioning, I'm now personally mostly in charge of this group in GoIO. Currently, [COx] is essentially split from the core Cohort gaming community. Fly with us - with or without any intention of actually joining The Cohort. As such, the requirements for joining are slightly more lax than they were earlier, if all you intend to do is play GoIO with us.

We currently have several very formidable captains, and quite a few excellent crew members, all of which play quite regularly. Shout outs to Sir Jakk, Mr Trickery, Vodoc, Dr. Eli, --- AND THE WAR MOOSE --- among others!

If you are at all interested, post here, find me in-game, or hit me up on Steam (dragonmere).

Teamspeak is absolutely REQUIRED. No way around it. So... Jump on, chat with us, fly with us, and win with us. Other clan members are always welcome on TeamSpeak for friendly games and coordination, or just TS chatting/ranting. There's a lot of that.

Do it. Join us. God wills it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:54:32 pm by dragonmere »