Author Topic: Version 1.2 Release Notes  (Read 28646 times)

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
Version 1.2 Release Notes
« on: April 30, 2013, 12:49:37 pm »
Features

- New 2v2 King of the Hill map, The Labyrinth
- New Commendation system: at match end, give commendations to fellow players for good sportsmanship, and earn Prizes for commendations received
- Added “Beginners Only” matches for low-level players
- Added basic scripted tutorials for each class
- Revised and expanded contextual tutorial text
- Added actions to Sandbox for summoning stationary, moving, and armed target practice dummies
- New Tutorial, Teaching, and Citizenship achievement categories in “Miscellaneous” tab
- Added new progression achievements and ranks (level cap raised to 11)
- Ship customization screen now shows a 3D preview of your ship
- Holding the mouse button now causes buffing and rebuilding tools to trigger continuously
- Added list of currently online CAs and community group links to Social page
- New hats in the Store
- New gun handles
- New particle effects for Carronade and Mortar
- New flare gun model
- You might see birds

Balance

- Rebalanced ship acceleration/speed profiles
-- Top Forward Speed (fastest to slowest): Squid, Goldfish, Pyramidion, Galleon, Junker, Spire
-- Forward Acceleration (fastest to slowest): Squid, Junker, Goldfish, Spire, Pyramidion, Galleon
-- Top Turn Speed (fastest to slowest): Squid, Junker, Goldfish, Spire, Pyramidion, Galleon
-- Turn Acceleration (fastest to slowest): Squid, Spire, Junker, Goldfish, Pyramidion, Galleon
-- Mass (largest to smallest): Galleon, Pyramidion, Spire, Goldfish, Junker, Squid
-- Vertical Acceleration (fastest to slowest, all top vertical speed is 12m/s): Squid, Spire, Goldfish, Junker, Pyramidion, Galleon
- Spire: Upper right gun slot turned slightly forward (allows 2 light and 1 heavy gun on a single target with proper coordination)
- Moonshine: Changed to +200% thrust, -50% longitudinal drag in response to pilot tool fix (see below)
- Ramming damage: Damage dealt and received properly takes into account your ship masses and speed at which the collision takes place.  E.g. A large ship ramming into a small ship will deal more damage to small ship and vice versa.  Impact damage multipliers still apply.
- Anglean Raiders capture point time increased to 70s from 40s
- Control point multiplier decreased, capturing 3 points in CP points no longer extremely difficult to fight against.
- Mortar
-- Removed spread
-- Increase zoom
- Artemis
-- Increase turn radius
-- Increased projectile speed to 750m/s from 640m/s
-- Increased zoom
- Rebalanced objectives on some existing achievements
- Removed “friendly fire” from ramming damage

Fixes and Optimization

- Scaled mouse sensitivity on Linux to match other OSes
- Fixed a cause of “ghost ships” being left behind on ship death
- Fixed a bug with the way ship angular velocity was inherited by projectiles
- Fixed a bug where ships used different mass values for damage/momentum calculations and for engine acceleration (caused several peculiar situations)
- Fixed a bug with ship collision bounds that could cause ships (esp. the Spire) to get stuck inside other objects
- Made ship collision resolution smoother and more predictable
- Allied ships now always appear on your map, regardless of visibility
- Fixed ship positioning on minimap. 
- Fixed a bug with spotting indicators that caused them to scale strangely from some angles
- Fixed several pilot skill effects not being applied correctly (modifications to thrust, damage received, chance of fires)
- Server: Fixed server “hiccups” caused by users joining a game midway through
- Fixed display issue with disabling joystick (thank you Chris Wilson)
- No longer able to unlock an already owned item in Prizes
- Fixed issue with items in store not appearing correctly
- Use Steam’s common redistributables for directx install
- Fixed disappearing wrench sound

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:30:19 pm by -Muse- Clara Skyborn »

Offline Adrian Locke

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
    • Backfire Studios Twitch
Re: Version 1.2 Release Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:28:51 pm »

- Fixed a bug with ship collision bounds that could cause ships (esp. the Spire) to get stuck inside other objects
- Made ship collision resolution smoother and more predictable

General improvements to ramming!? FANTASTIC!

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 02:33:23 pm »
I <3 you guys at Muse. Thank you for continuing to support your creation. You are making my world a better place. I can't wait to get home and try these changes out.

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 02:38:39 pm »
Damn, Beginner Only Matches and a list of active CAs! Great work :D I'm translating!

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 02:58:32 pm »
I think I'm most excited about being able to hold down the mouse button to buff/repair, but honestly all of it looks great. Thank you.  :)

Offline Grayknight

• Salutes: 5
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 02:28:57 pm »
I think I'm most excited about being able to hold down the mouse button to buff/repair, but honestly all of it looks great. Thank you.  :)

Yes, my oncoming carpal tunnel thanks muse! :P

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 04:56:32 pm »
is the holding absolutely 110% as effective as clicking like a madman? Including the first click when switching tools?

Also which existing achievements were modified? I know the pilot class to rebuild 80 parts with spanner was dropped to just 40, but I'm not sure which other ones changed.

Sorta disappointed that we didn't get the group/party function or the mine gun, but that means there's something to look forward to, hopefully in the very near future.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:59:02 pm by dragonmere »

Offline Clara Skyborn

• [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 05:19:33 pm »
is the holding absolutely 110% as effective as clicking like a madman? Including the first click when switching tools?

Also which existing achievements were modified? I know the pilot class to rebuild 80 parts with spanner was dropped to just 40, but I'm not sure which other ones changed.

There may be a bug causing a slight delay with the buff, but we're not 100% sure yet. It might just be that it looks slower if you're used to clicking much faster than you actually need to. We're still investigating.

With the achievements, there were numerous minor to medium adjustments all across the board, and I'm afraid we didn't keep a log of every one, sorry.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 05:34:52 pm »
When I first tried holding down for the buff hammer it felt like there was too much of a delay every two clicks, but that might just be because I'm used to clicking too much. I'll check later to see if there actually is a difference.

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 11:14:30 am »

I think I got everything...
What no spoiler tag on this forum?

Gunner/Maps/1 Grit In Your Eye - Win 6 matches in Dunes. Was 8.
Gunner/Multiclassing/1 Hit It With A Hammer - Fully repair 60 parts. Was 50 parts with Mallet.
Gunner/Multiclassing/8 Bang-Up Job - Fully repair 500 parts. Was 350 parts with Mallet.
Gunner/Objectives/3 Suppression Fire - Win 10 DMs. Was 8.
Gunner/Objectives/4 Inflammable - Win 10 CPs. Was 8.
Gunner/Objectives/5 Notches - Win 20 DMs. Was 12.
Gunner/Objectives/5 Notches - Destroy 50 ships in DM. Was 15.
Gunner/Objectives/6 Death Dealer - Win 20 CPs. Was 12.
Gunner/Objectives/7 Takedown - Win 30 DMs. Was 12.
Gunner/Objectives/8 Battle of Wits - Win 30 CPs. Was 20.
Gunner/Shootin'/1 Scattershot - Destroy 5 parts with Carronade. Was 1 balloon.
Gunner/Shootin'/2 Overloaded - Destroy 5 hull armor with Gatling. Was 4.
Gunner/Shootin'/2 Overloaded - Destroy 30 parts with Heavy Clip. Was with Greased Rounds.
Gunner/Shootin'/3 Balls Of Fire - Destroy 40 parts with Incendiary Rounds. Was 50.
Gunner/Shootin'/4 Red Glare - Destroy 50 parts with Greased Rounds. Was 50 hull armor with Flak.
Gunner/Shootin'/4 Red Glare - Destroy 30 guns with Rockets. Was 70 parts with Burst Rounds.
Gunner/Shootin'/5 Blood And Gunsmoke - Destroy 50 parts with Lesmok Rounds. Was 50 ships (!).
Gunner/Shootin'/6 Burn All The Things - Set 300 fires with Flamethrower. Was 80.
Gunner/Shootin'/6 Burn All The Things - Set 100 fires with Incendiary Rounds. Was 50.
Gunner/Shootin'/8 Stunning Effect - Destroy 100 engines with Rockets. Was 50 with Rocket Launcher.
Gunner/Shootin'/8 Stunning Effect - Destroy 300 parts with Greased Rounds. Was 100.
Gunner/Teamwork/2 Cleansing Fire - Set 50 parts on fire with Flamethrower. Was destroy 50 parts.
Gunner/Teamwork/4 Out Of The Blue - Destroy 300 parts while unspotted. Was 400.
Gunner/Victory/2 Kill Count - Play 3 matches with 4 or more kills. Was 5 or more.
Gunner/Victory/3 Fish In A Barrel - Destroy 30 hull armor on enemy Goldfish. Was 20.
Engineer/Maps/1 Sand In Your Boots - Win 6 matches in Dunes. Was 8.
Engineer/Objectives/3 Fire Suppression - Win 10 DMs. Was 8.
Engineer/Objectives/4 Smoking Gun - Win 10 CPs. Was 8.
Engineer/Objectives/5 Makes You Stronger - Win 20 DMs. Was 12.
Engineer/Objectives/5 Makes You Stronger - Play 15 DMs with fewer than 2 deaths. Was 12 DMs.
Engineer/Objectives/6 Scratched Paint - Win 20 CPs. Was 12.
Engineer/Objectives/7 Buoyed Spirits - Win 20 DMs. Was 12.
Engineer/Objectives/8 Race to the Point - Win 30 CPs. Was 20.
Engineer/Multiclassing/3 Fan The Flames - Set 200 fires. Was 50.
Engineer/Victory/4 Fight Another Day - Play 10 matches with 3 more kills than deaths. Was 8 matches.
Pilot/Career/6 Charting A Course - Destroy 80 ships (crew). Was 60.
Pilot/Flyin'/5 Silent Running - Destroy 200 parts while unspotted (crew). Was 100.
Pilot/Flyin'/6 The Good Stuff - Spend 240 seconds using Moonshine. Was 180.
Pilot/Flyin'/6 The Good Stuff - Spend 240 seconds using Impact Bumpers. Was 180.
Pilot/Flyin'/8 Eye To Eye - Destroy 40 ships at a distance of less than 75m (crew). Was 20 ships less than 100m.
Pilot/Experience/4 One Spark - Set 120 balloons on fire (crew). Was 100.
Pilot/Maps/1 Dust In The Wind - Win 6 matches in Dunes. Was 8.
Pilot/Multiclassing/2 Hot Air - Fully repair 200 balloons (crew). Was 60.
Pilot/Multiclassing/5 Hands On - Rebuild 40 parts with Spanner. Was 80.
Pilot/Multiclassing/7 Systems Status - Fully repair 800 parts with Wrench (crew). Was 200.
Pilot/Objectives/3 Kobayashi - Win 10 DMs. Was 8.
Pilot/Objectives/4 Ahead Full - Win 10 CPs. Was 8.
Pilot/Objectives/5 Survival Of The Fiercest - Win 20 DMs. Was 12.
Pilot/Objectives/5 Survival Of The Fiercest - Win 15 DMs with fewer than 2 deaths. Was 10 DMs.
Pilot/Objectives/6 Evasive Action - Win 20 CPs. Was 12.
Pilot/Objectives/7 Good Dog - Win 30 DMs. Was 20.
Pilot/Objectives/8 Diversionary Tactics - Win 30 CPs. Was 20.
Pilot/Teamwork/2 Tongue Lashing - Set 100 parts on fire with Flamethrower (crew). Was destroy 80 parts.
Pilot/Victory/5 Calamari - Destroy 20 Squids (crew). Was 30.
Pilot/Victory/6 Still Alive - Win 20 matches with no deaths. Was 10.

Not being a captain myself, I hadn't really looked at their achievements much before. Why does crew repairing stuff help for pilot multiclassing?

Also, are we going to get a changelog for today's little patch (355)? I see the kickstarter button has changed and there's a sale on in the store, but presumably some more important things were changed too.

And the news banner on the forum needs to be updated. It says 1.1.5 is live and mentions a 1.2 preview.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 01:55:15 pm »
Wow, Moo, you're on fire. Very thorough, thanks!

For Pilot achievements, most of the Multiclassing category was changed to include crew actions, which the pilot can influence by giving orders as captain, requesting certain loadouts, using certain strategies, etc. It also counts when the player is the one performing the action -- it can be triggered by anyone on the crew, it doesn't have to be someone else. So the pilot could also just bring a wrench and bang on the balloon to get that achievement, which was the original intention way back when these achievements were created in beta and pilots were leaving the helm a lot more frequently. When it became apparent that these goals were counterproductive, the objectives for that category were changed, but it was too late to change the name so they're still "Multiclassing," even the pilot should still be focusing on flying.

Hotfix changelog is coming, and the forum news is updated.

Offline Moo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 09:37:01 am »
It seems that some heavy gun positions don't "auto-click" - holding down the mouse button doesn't do anything. Front gun on goldfish, front heavy gun on spire, and rear heavy guns on galleon (but not front ones) only responded to individual clicks for me, although the hitting animation did continue playing while holding down the button.
Edit: Also the bottom/middle engine on the Junker.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 09:43:28 am by Moo »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 10:50:42 am »
For anybody wondering, here are the hotfix notes from two days ago.

- adjusted objectives for Citizenship and Teaching achievements
- friend join works from the social tab for joining password-protected matches
- friend join from social tab works for joining practice matches
- better UX for beginner matches (a persistent shortcut is shown in the match list)
- clearer piloting tutorial text
- buoy will be removed from piloting tutorial on a rolling basis throughout the day
- piloting tutorial text now includes correct controls
- Bug fix for Steffen :)

Offline Moo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 10:52:55 am »
Is that for 355? What about 356 and 357?
Or does that cover all of them?

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 03:57:22 pm »
We hotfixed some gun balance changes in:

-Artemis
--Decreased upward pitch angle (-35 to -10 degrees, skewed towards downwards aiming)
--Decreased rotation speeds (100 to 80 pitch, 120 to 30 yaw)
--Decreased zoom (3.5 to 2x)
--Slightly decreased muzzle speed (750 to 675m/s)
--Slightly decreased rate of fire (0.67 bullets per second to 0.625)
--Slightly decreased AoE (5 to 3.5m)
--Slightly increased reload speed (5 to 7s)
-Light Carronade
--Changed pitch angles (-40 to 35 changed to -30 to 10, skewed towards upwards aiming)
-Heavy Carronade
--Changed pitch angles (-20 to 35 changed to -30 to 10, skewed towards upwards aiming)