Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 432116 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #600 on: September 02, 2015, 09:47:25 am »
Hangar Bay

Alister and Alexi here some static, then a small explosion.

"Dammit. There goes the radio."

"Any idea who it was?"

"Nope. I didn't have the time to figure out the frequency. And my pocket radio busted years ago."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 02, 2015, 12:48:05 pm »
--South Docks--

"Does anyone hear that?" Alex asked as they were busy walking back to the warehouse.

Travis took a moment to listen to the sound, "Is... that our radio?" He looked to his brother who tilted his slightly.

"Sounds about right."

--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

Dahlia was eyeing Reagan who was standing idly amused nearby. The two of them having a silent conversation as the scene unfolded.

Reagan lifted an eyebrow and slightly tilted her head towards Courage. Is he always like this?

Dahlia lightly shrugged, I think it's recent.

Reagan's eyebrow lifted higher, Really?

Dahlia tilted her head back and forth, I think so.

Reagan heard something fizzle slightly and saw the radio in the rocket craft power on slightly, Huh, wonder what that's about.

--Market District, Cathedral--

Davis waited to see if he would get a response for a few moments. "You know," he started, "I don't think that worked somehow."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 02, 2015, 03:56:03 pm »
Marketplace

"Yeah, I think you're right. Well, it was a pretty huge place, so I guess we should head towards the biggest thing we can see."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 02, 2015, 04:01:45 pm »
--Market District, Cathedral--

"I can name at least several very large objects in this city, namely that." He pointed to the Cathedral's namesake hall, majestically towering over the city. "And that." He pointed off towards the militia HQ. "So... Flip a coin?"

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 02, 2015, 04:07:56 pm »
Marketplace

"Naw, there were airships in the hangar bay. I'm not sure you'd find those in a cathedral, and not nearly as much custom stuff in a militia headquarters."

Koali pointed off in the distance.

"I mean, there's a giant airship over there, but there's no way there'd be airships inside an airship, right? That'd be ridiculous!"

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 02, 2015, 04:27:14 pm »
--Cathedral City Streets--

Davis is not entirely sure if Koali realizes he's pointed straight towards the militia's dockyard, that and the massive airship might have only been barely visible from where they were. Still, if there was one thing it was that he had feeling that he knew exactly where they were going. It was a good thing he had bought a lot of extra clothing and some equipment while he was out, he could drop by his room and stash his stuff.

"You haven't been around militia officers for very long have you? You'd be surprised at the things they can get their hands on."

--Elsewhere--

Alex, Richard, Reagan, Preston, Captain Alfred Walker, Commodore William Gates, all sneezed simultaneously from where they were standing.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 02, 2015, 04:56:21 pm »
(Haha)

"Well, I actually just signed up today. That line was for the militia?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 02, 2015, 10:05:39 pm »
Hanger Bay

Getting a bit disturbed by the twin's gazes and comment that Courage takes a step back, "Oh I mean I wasn't looking for her for that and we," pointing between he and Dalhia, "aren't. I mean you said by the rocket craft?" he lightly chuckles before he embarrass himself.

Tilting his head, true to the twin's word, there is Amelia and Lorena holding their months while Reagan is eyeing Dalhia.

"Ohh, I wasnt paying attention was I? Dang it, I thought I lost that habit."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 03, 2015, 12:45:10 pm »
Hangar Bay

The main doors open, and a galleon is carefully piloted inside.

"Looks like the old girl is in Alister. Where can I have her?"

"Besides my squid, yours is the only ship here so far. Just park her next to my Kibeth."

"Makes sense." Going over about 30 feet to the left, Alexi begins to direct his crew to set her down where he is.

"Hope they brought rope ladders. No easy disembarkation here."

"Well," Alexi looks up. "There is that lovely catwalk. Right about the height of my main deck, wouldn't you say?"

Looking up, Alister sees Alexi's crew mooring the galleon to the catwalk. "Not bad. Your lads certainly know what they're doing."

"Anyone who crews with me does. You know that."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 03, 2015, 07:32:45 pm »
--Cathedral City Streets--

"Well, to put it in perspective often a city's guard will... 'Appropriate' equipment from criminals, now due to the very nature of piracy one is never really certain where any of it comes from. Because of this they tend to either throw it into the armory or shove it into a dry dock." Davis shrugged, "Honestly though it really depends on where you are, Cathedral can afford to purchase equipment and ships from actual yards while others have to make do, and by make do I mean steal things... From pirates... Mostly."

--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

Reagan gave Courage an amused look as the three of them came over, which amounted to walking around the rocket fighter as opposed to walking from the other side of the bay.

Lorena gave him a light punch on the shoulder, "You make me wonder how you even noticed her."

Dahlia raised an eyebrow, "He's not that dense."

"Ah so he is dense!"

"Would you two kindly shut up?" Amelia said from the side.

Reagan took a moment to watch the three of them before turning to him, "I didn't know you were in the city, so how are things in Anvala?"

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 03, 2015, 07:36:31 pm »
Marketplace... Streets?

"Either way, I wanna check out that giant airship."

And with that, Koali set off toward the transport ship, completely forgetting that it had been his intended destination the whole time.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 03, 2015, 08:00:14 pm »
Hangar Bay

Gaige is running checks on the Kibeth, double and then triple checking everything is at peak performance.

"Hey, Carn!  While you're here, you wanna go over some stuff with me?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 03, 2015, 08:29:32 pm »
Hangar Bay

"Depends on what it is. Also, don't so much as breathe on the merc stored near the hull. That thing cost me a lot of crowns."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 03, 2015, 09:30:58 pm »
Hanger Bay

Giving a nervous chuckle, Courage place a hand behind his head, "Well that's not far from the truth, you should have seen me back in my time with the Guard. But so far everything is going smoothly back home, reconstruction has finished and the Saloon running well. I see that Cathedral got back onto its feet."

He then takes a look around the hanger space, "So, a lot of equipment being taken for this trip, especially planes from Anvala. Got any details that you can say?" Courage asks Reagan

Militia Docks

Outside the transport, Frey walks off the gangplank while being followed by Renard and Ulric.

"So Commander, " starts Renard, "Anything you need from us before we depart?"

"Nothing at the moment, just go out and finalise anything that you need to take care off. Mr. Culvin you requested for additional save for what again?"

Tapping his fingertips together, Ulric eyes widen, "Yes, a decent size room on the transport for housing my equipment and any specimens we discover on the way."

Stopping, Frey is lost in thought as he visualise the transport in his mind, "There is nothing that comes to min at the moment. I'll get back to you once I have an answer."

Nodding, "Thank you sir. Come Mr. Larson, I need you to help me carry several things from the market."

"Why do you need my help? You have a crew who can do it for you," says Renard as they leave e Commander for the Market.

As Frey watches the two leave, he walks back up and into the Hangwr Bay where he spots a rather decent size group. Recognising  Captain Morgan and Miss Lockheart, they are several people he is not familiar with.

"Afternoon all, how's the day? Captain Morgan, didn't see you at the meeting, but we should depart tomorrow."
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:46:55 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 04, 2015, 02:31:00 pm »
"I saw.  Genuine Anvalan Mercury.  It's a beaut.  Didn't touch it, just looked from around the engines."