Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 432254 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #570 on: August 23, 2015, 08:34:56 pm »
Hangar Bay

"Wait,"

"Where did Amelia,"

"Get that floating,"

"Gelatinous,"

"Flying thing?"

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 24, 2015, 01:25:22 pm »
--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

Amelia? Reagan looked over to where the half track and tank were sitting quietly amongst various machines and craft. Sure enough the diminutive blonde was there, Andromeda floating about her head. There was also someone else there holding her close, familiar, that short brown hair reminding her of Alex...

"What is Lorena doing here?" She continued to watch them, perhaps she should channel her inner child and garner their attention somehow? She looked down at the tools and located a small screw driver, giving it a few experimental tosses, she decided, yes, perhaps she should get their attention and threw it.

Lorena was very aware of something flying towards her before actually seeing it. With a deft hand she reached up and caught a small screw driver in her hand. She gave a cursory glance to see a familiar face. A light smile on her face she waved.

"Perhaps the engines can wait a moment." She gave the smaller woman a nudge and the two of them began walking over to a rapidly familiar looking rocket craft, Andromeda floated about the two of them, just happy to be there it seemed.

ANDROMEDA INTERLUDE

Float, float, float.

A jet of gas sent a small translucent mass rocketing into the air. The small creature unfurled it's tentacles and began hunting among the rafters of the hanger bay. Andromeda's keen eyes, as beady as they were, spotted movement, with another jet of gas Andromeda was upon the small rodent, tentacles lashed out, grasping the struggling creature in a comparatively strong iron grip. Feeling elation from the successful hunt Andromeda brought the creature close, beak tearing into the rodent's flesh, it's final death throws finally quieted down allowing Andy to enjoy the meal.

Float, float, float.

A light hiss and Andromeda began descending towards two parked metal creatures, Master/Friend was examining the innards of one while Master's friend stood looking at her. Andy floated over and lightly rubbed a tentacle against Master's head fur, her friend took this opportunity to grapple her from behind, from which she attempted to disengage from, though she did so weakly, as if she wasn't trying. The two of them communicated quietly, eventually resulting in Master being turned to face the other female, she communicated something before turning away slightly, a light change in color evident on her cheeks. Then something whistled through the air. Master's friend extended a limb, catching an object in air, both of them turning to it's place of origin, another familiar being stood there along with another metal creature. Master's friend began pulling her along and Andromeda followed along behind.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 25, 2015, 08:26:47 pm »
Command Center

"Already done that," says Alexi as he runs a finger down his scar.

"Ahem" Frey coughs, gaining the attention of those in the room. "Looks like we have the majority of the captains in here. Only one mission is Captain Morgan, you can make aquantice with her at a separate time."

Opening the file cabinet in the room, Frey pulls out the several old maps and charts. Hidden and locked in a secret compartment are the real mission files for those who truly know what the expidition is about. Laying the charts out on the table, Alexi, Renard, Ulric takes a look while Carn looks on behind them.

"As you can see, all of these maps are outdated. Everything we know in and around the six factions haven't change, but lands outside are unknown. Simply we are going south of the Guild and explore that area and chart our findings. All of you are especially chosen to be part of this expedition for the skills that you process. Mr. Culvin you knowledge of fauna and animals. Mr. Kasparov, you survival and combat experience in the field. Finally Mr. Larson your navigation skils. We have various resource at hand to help, from scouting planes to terrain vehicles. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, if not we are leaving tomorrow in the afternoon."

Without another word, Frey leaves the room to let them to their own thoughts. Ulric, remembering that there are several people wanting to crew for him goes about finding them. Renard simply walks off to his room, while Alexi turns back to Carn.

"So Alister, is this all. I mean I don't mind the money, but what else is there? And who is this Captain Morgan."

Militia Docks

Slowing down, the duo finds themselves at the main docks for the city's militia ships. Remembering that Amelia said something about going on an expedition, Courage assumes that they are going to use a fairly large ship. Scanning the berthings, he spots a medium transport with several ships surrounding it.

"That should be it, I'm betting my new carbine she is in there," he points to the transport named Eagle's Shadow"

(yeah sorry, got hammered with tests.)

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 25, 2015, 09:10:51 pm »
Command Center

Alister scratches his neck, turning the black gaze of his mask to Alexi. "You should know I don't break contracts. And your the one who drove home, more than anyone else, that my word is my contact. Presently, I can't say much about the mission. I suspect more will come to light once we are well on our way. As for Captain Morgan, she and I share joint command. She's a Captain in the Cathedral guard, and is at least on paper, keeping an eye on the city's investments. Be warned though, she reminds me of a older, slightly milder version of Alison. And yes, she's a redhead, auburn to be precise." He shakes his head and chuckles in a slightly ominous way, "The joint commanders and the medical officer, all are redheads. This could get interesting."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 25, 2015, 09:31:43 pm »
Command Center

"I remember, you have grown since you been under my wing. I'll wait and see what's else is to come, I didn't survive this long by always charging in. So where is that squid I heard that you purchased, I assume you already worked on it."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 26, 2015, 07:13:36 am »
Command Center

"She's in the hangar bay, already fitted with bomb bay, and harnesses. Need to actually find, or make, the bombs though."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 26, 2015, 12:48:22 pm »

Amelia let Lorena lead her to the opposite side of the hanger bay, little rocket craft and all, sporting a name as well, well painted by the looks of it too. Also those two foppish twins seemed to be around as well. So long as they behaved themselves...

"Lorena, Amelia." Reagan gave them both light smiles before giving Lorena a look. "Still don't know how your father kept your existence a secret from the rest of us."

"Simple," She said, letting go of Amelia. "Magic, pwooh!" She made flash like movements with her hands, her hair bobbed slightly with the action which made Amelia giggle a little.

"Still, good to see you Reagan." She gave her a light punch on the shoulder. "Noticed you have the rocket powered wonder here."

"Yeah, your father and I flew it over the other day, well, so did Richard but he didn't do any flying."

Lorena tilted her head side to side, "Sounds about right, even if he is the trained pilot.

Reagan raised an eyebrow, "All three of us are trained pilots."

Amelia looked to Lorena who just shrugged, "Well, that aside, who are these two?" She pointed to the twins who were chatting excitably amongst themselves. Andromeda took this moment to land on Amelia's shoulder, she gave Andy a rub that elicited a purr out of the airborn creature.

"These two," Reagan said, "are... actually, I don't think they introduced themselves."

--Militia Docks, Cathedral--

Dahlia, true to form examined the vessel in question and wondered what kind of blind spots it had in its weapon coverage. Though that only momentarily held her attention, for in the distance she could see a large vessel floating peacefully in the harbor. She remembered it well, though only observed it for the short time they were in landmark. The new flagship of Cathedral's civil defense fleet, she couldn't actually remember its name, however that was only a slight issue, as the weapons on that thing looked amazing, turreted cannons akin to those mount on old deep water naval ships. She couldn't tell what size they were, however she could only assume it was something around 5 inches. Anything larger and one had to wonder whether or not it was actually worth to bring into battle. Still, what she would give to examine them...

She only vaguely remembered that she was here looking for Lorena and turned back to Courage, who was once again watching her with interest.

"So Lorena yeah?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 26, 2015, 05:28:10 pm »
Hangar Bay

"James,"

"And John,"

The brothers take a ostentatious, theatre bow. "The Raven Twins."

"Engineers of natural talent,"

"Fighters of brutal training,"

"And devilishly handsome to boot!"

"Don't forget brother, we can dance too!"

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 26, 2015, 07:51:48 pm »

"Ah," Lorena said slowly, looking at the other two woman standing with her.

"So... you're idiots."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 26, 2015, 07:56:04 pm »
Outside, at the marketplace...

Koali was wandering around, checking out all the free samples that seemed to have risen into popularity overnight. He got the idea to radio someone in the hangar bay if anyone wanted snacks. He turned his radio's dial to Carn's frequency and pressed the talk button.

"Yo, they're giving out free samples of what looks like everything out here. Anyone in there need anything?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 26, 2015, 08:03:49 pm »
Hangar Bay

The twins bristle at the insult.

"Hardly madam."

"We hold records in several cities of the Baronies, for our engineering capabilities."

"Just because we may act differently,"

"In no way means we are simpletons."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 26, 2015, 09:43:30 pm »
Command Center

"That's going to be eventful. I already saw your handiwork in the armory. Well lead the way, I want to see this beaut."

Militia Docks

"Yeah," Courage says in a dream state sigh before he realise that she is lookin right at him. "Um ah yeah, come on."

Blushing red, he leads them both up the gang plank and into the cargo bay where he notices the two massive pieces of metal.

"What, no way," He starts as he is taken back to a month before.

Latched in place is the Yeshan Edelweiss class tank and Duece and a half land vehicle. Slowly walking towards it, Courage places a hand on the machine that he fought against.

"Ok this ship has some surprises, but you seen her anywhere?"

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 26, 2015, 10:56:47 pm »
Hangar Bay

"I'd beg to differ, boys.  You two definitely seem to think with your other heads the second you see a pretty lady such as the one in front of us."

Tipping his cap to Lorena, Gaige strides past the trio on his way to the armory.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 27, 2015, 07:42:17 am »
Hangar Bay

"We have an interest in beautiful girls,"

"Doesn't mean we're not intelligent."

Command Center

"Alright then Alexi, follow me then." And with that, he heads out to the hangar bay.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 27, 2015, 08:43:30 pm »
Marketplace

After several minutes of silence, Koali grew to understand that he was part of something bigger now, and that he couldn't just assume that the first frequency he tuned his radio to was the right one.

"Well, I guess I should straighten out and fly right, then. But first..."

He eyed the various fruits and meats on display.

"I'll just grab some of everything for now."