Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 497288 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2015, 06:51:18 pm »
A series of half-formed swears can be heard from behind the door. "Yeah, I need to find a suitable cabin though." Alister comes out, slightly disheveled, with a stray strand of hair on fire. Pinching it out he turns to Amelia, "Morning. Good news. We still have all of our lochnagar rounds, and thermite grenades. Bad news, all out matches are ruined." A few drops of water fall from his coat, the bottom of which is waterlogged, along with his boots.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2015, 07:12:08 pm »
She peers past him to look into the room, though yes the equipment is unharmed and the explosives currently sitting peacefully in their designated storage spaces, a pipe had burst in the room, and though it was no longer pouring water is was still broken. She sighed, is this going to be a regular thing? Is this what Lorena meant when someone broke things on a regular basis? She hoped not and decided to fix it."

"Mr. Carn, if you could get me some replacement piping it would be much appreciated."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2015, 07:21:49 pm »
"Yeeaahh, sorry about that. It was either I slice it open, or this entire thing blows up. Or at least that room, and I'm rather partial to not blowing up." Carn goes down the hallway, and opens up a maintenance closet. "4 inch copper pipe?"

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2015, 07:28:37 pm »
She hears him barely enough to understand the question, she takes a look at the pipe, and notices the 1 inch that had a small nick in it.

"If you could also grab a length of 1 inch piping do so!" She yelled from where she stood, she pulled over a stool and began detaching the damaged lengths of piping and set the against one of the empty shelves.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2015, 07:31:41 pm »
Alister searches briefly before finding the proper pipes. Quickly hurrying back down the hallway he goes into the armory. "You need help?" He pulls out a rather large pipe wrench with suspicious reddish brown stains on the end.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2015, 07:56:19 pm »
She barely spares a glance at his wrench and takes the pipes while flatly stating, "No, that is quite alright Mr. Carn." She quickly replaces the lengths of piping before bidding him a good day and wondering if there is a way to get breakfast on this ship.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2015, 07:59:58 pm »
Shrugging, Alister is about to go down stairs. Then he realizes that he has been wearing the same clothes for the past week. "I need to buy a third set of clothes." He sighs, as he shuts the door and changes.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2015, 08:42:02 pm »
Militia Docks, Transport Ship

Strolling up to the docks, Frey sees that the table is set up again and another line formed. Satisfied that a supply of volunteers won't run dry, he walks up the gangplank entering the ship. Just as he is about to go in, he peeks out at the exterior hull and notices that the ship is still nameless.

Hmm, we need to fix that

Inside the corridors are empty due to the lack of people. Frey assumes that the ships occupants are either still sleeping, doing some maintenance, or out in town. He heads inside the command room and opens the cabinet containing all the files for the mission ahead and sets them on the middle table.

Wild Winds Inn

Already up, Courage adjusts the prosthetic on his leg before pulling down his pant leg. Standing, he rummages through his bag on his bed and pulls out his holster and trusty Guard pistol from Anvala. Strapping the belt around his waist, the holster sits slightly below his waist on his upper thigh which he places the pistol in and secures the weapon.

Ready for the day, he exits and locks his room as he transverse down the stair. At the bar/kitchen is Lia who takes notice of his presence.

"Morning." she says in greetings.

"Morning," Courage replies back as he takes a seat at the bar.

"I see you are all ready for the day. Going out?"

"Yeah, got to get this deal over with and then start enjoying myself."

"Ok, need anything to eat before you set off."

"Naw I'm good, thanks though," he starts as he rise from his chair, "I'll get something on the way. See ya later."

"Seeya."

As the main doors close to the building, Lia goes about the building taking various order. During the process she thinks to herself.

I wonder if he'll man up today? Hmm for having a name like Courage, he doesn't have much with the females.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 21, 2015, 08:48:04 pm »
"Hmm, well they aren't too beat up." Carn says as he examines his clean set of clothes. These a dark brown pants and a deep green shirt. He forgoes his jacket due to the heat. Walking out of the armory, he decides to head to the command room. He swore he saw a bottle of rum up there.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 21, 2015, 08:55:20 pm »
Transport

Hearing the door open, Frey looks up from one of the folders and sees Carn coming in. He seems to bit distracted a little as he looks into several cabinets looking for something.

"Good morning Mr. Carn, I assume you had a restful night? So how is our guest."

Market District

Walking to a food vendor, Courage manages to order food without having a flying squid attack him. A fried Chaladon cod sandwich, he takes several bites as he heads over to the South District.

South District

Standing in one of the squares, Courage looks down the several streets very confused.

"Ah flak, where was it again?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2015, 09:02:49 pm »
"Oh hello Commander, I could have sworn I saw a bottle or two of rum here the other day. But to answer your questions, restful I suppose, but I need to actually find a suitable cabin. I slept in the armory, and almost blew it up this morning when I went to turn on the lights. As for our guest, he's secured. I do not know if Captain Morgan has been made aware of him, but I warned Ms. Amelia. Nobody should go down there alone, and nobody should go down there for the first time without me or Alison. She sends her pleasantries on the matter by the way. She also informed me that he's been muttering a rather troubling rhyme."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2015, 09:36:23 pm »
"That's intriguing, but if you are looking for a bottle or two it should be in the galley. Oh speaking of the Captain, where is she? I got something to tell to the both of you."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2015, 09:40:54 pm »
"No idea. Last I saw her, she claimed the captain's quarters. And I swore I saw a bottle up here." A glass like clank is heard. "Found it! Ah, just some worker's bootleg." He stares at the bottle for a second, then uncorks it with his teeth and takes a drink. "Not bad I guess."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 22, 2015, 12:44:25 am »
Reagan woke with a creak in her back, Am I still in the cargo bay? She took a look about, and yes, she was still in the cargo bay and she was bit sore, if somehow well rested. She stood immediately, not wanting to cause any more discomfort for herself for the rest of the day. She gave a few experimental stretches of her body and decided that she would grab breakfast, perhaps this tub has food ready.

Of course there was in fact cafeteria on board, empty, aside from her roommate. Amelia was in the kitchen space making herself breakfast when she entered.

"Making seconds?"

"If you want." She set aside another portion of ingredients and set about cooking. Reagan sat about quietly as Amelia cooked, and eventually was rewarded with an omelet which she dug into.

"So Amelia, we need to get you a proper weapon, I was thinking a light automatic. You don't have to accurate to spray a wall of lead at something after all."

"Mr. Carn wants access to the armory in headquarters. He wants everyone to be a walking armory."

"As if he and his friend aren't?" She took another bite of omelet. "Still, might be a good idea, even if it is a mess of paperwork, I'll get started and turn it in, you should come with me though, so we can give a few ideas a try."

They finished breakfast and parted ways, Amelia wanted to continue looking around the ship and Reagan wanted to finish the requisite paperwork as fast as possible, which she did, and moments later the two of them were headed back to HQ for weapons aplenty. Reagan spending at least a few glances to the strange creature that had appeared on Amelia's arm.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:04:42 am by Piemanlives »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 22, 2015, 07:43:41 am »
"Do you need to tell us at the same time? If not, then you can tell me, and either you or I can tell next we see her. Also, I'm not sure if Jasper's rhyme has anything to do with the mission, but it may very well. Or it could just be him trying to screw with our brains. Or both, it could be any of those with him."