Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 437199 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #255 on: July 20, 2015, 08:11:00 pm »
Grabbing a napkin, Courage tries to wipe down his dampen shirt.

"How would y..." he starts

"They still come here daily," Lia says, "And you should know she talks about the letters you two send to each other," turning to Amelia, "He doesn't gets it huh?"

"I'm right here."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:13:24 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 20, 2015, 08:12:30 pm »
"You know what, I'm feeling like a fifth wheel here. If you guys need me, I'll be stuffing my face over in the corner booth."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2015, 08:19:46 pm »
"Now now, food is best served with company, so you will staying right here!" She pulls him down as he tries to stand, or at least tries to.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 20, 2015, 08:41:58 pm »
Alister looks down at the slight blond woman attempting to restrain him. "I was trying to spare you guys the mess. I've been eating slow." Alister lets that implication sink in for them. "First lesson you learn in boot-camp. Eat quick. I've never been able to shake that habit when I get very hungry."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 20, 2015, 09:24:25 pm »
Finishing up with the rest of his food, Courage stands from his seat.

"Done so soon?" asks Lia, "Come on now stay for a little bit."

"Naw, I'm heading off to bed, it's been a long trip. Thanks for the room though and it's nice seeing you again Amelia."

Nodding to the others, Courage grabs his bag and heads upstairs one step at a time with his fake leg.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:37:31 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2015, 10:17:10 pm »
Amelia shakes her head as she finishes the last of her food, hopeless, the man is absolutely hopeless when it comes to women, she gives a laughing sigh as she watches him hobble up the stairs. Maybe she's not giving him enough credit but it's not like Dahlia doesn't like him, seriously he needs to come out and tell her one of these days.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 20, 2015, 10:25:14 pm »
Getting up and stretching, Alister bids the group goodnight. "All my stuff is on the transport anyways. That reminds me." Carn looks Amelia dead in the eyes. "Under no circumstances, should you ever go into the brig alone. The Commander has seen fit to, gift, us with a passenger. You do not want to meet him, understand?"

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2015, 10:32:23 pm »
She seems to think it over for a second, "Is this gift, something a good number of people would rather have disposed of? We might as well send Reagan instead, or that red headed lady who was with you earlier." She takes a drink of... something, but a drink nonetheless. "But I might as, it's not like I have anything to do in the brig."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2015, 10:38:20 pm »
"I'm not going to lie to you Amelia. There is nothing more I would rather do in this city, than strangle him with his own intestines. But he has information we need. Don't go near him, not unless Alison or I am with you. I don't think Captain Morgan knows yet, and she shouldn't have to find out by walking in there without Alison or me. Goodnight everyone." And with that, Alister Carn makes his way down to the transport, to try and find a spot to sleep on. It has been a very eventful day to say the least.

Transport, Brig

An echoing rhyme can be barely heard, whispered from the only occupied cell. "One, two, three, four, someone's knocking at the door. Five, six, seven, eight, the birds have come to seal your fate."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:41:03 pm by Carn »

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2015, 03:43:19 am »
--Cathedral, Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions, Wild Winds Inn--

Amelia finished another drink, the night was winding down and everyone else had gone off to bed or were currently conked out at the table, which was mostly just her and the short boy on the crew who she didn't know the name of. Amelia however was a grown woman and did not allow herself to fall asleep, or drink alcohol, apparently the waitress/bartender could make a decent cup of tea, one of which just appeared to replace the one she just finished. She did however yawn, which signaled that maybe she too should head back and sleep.

Of course this train of thought was halted when she felt two hands on her shoulders and a familiar face appearing next to her. Amelia smiled at the other women, motioning for her to sit. She did, brown shoulder length bobbing as she did, her green eyes shown with mirth, a smile adorning her -comparatively- pale face.

"Hello Lorena, having a good night?" She smiled at one of the few friends she had in this city.

"Good enough," She turned as she gave an order to the waitress who went to go prepare it. "Tired though, we've been working round the clock these past few weeks, always someone looking to reclaim something out in the desert, still they're paying and we can't really say no to money can we?" A plate was set in front of her and she began digging in.

"If you're so tired, why aren't you sleeping?" An eyebrow raised as she asked the question.

"Well, I can't sleep." She took another bite of food, a look of pleasure as if she hadn't eaten all day.

"Truly?"

"Yeah, haven't finished eating yet," she smirked, "If you must know, Dad and Richard having been working on... something, rather loudly in fact. Have been since we pulled into the harbor actually, the two of them bent over schematics when we came to drop off the day's spoils." She shrugged, "So I thought I'd grab dinner, the others are probably about as well. So, how has guard duty been?" She took a drink of... something.

"It's been... Interesting, I'm not truly a member of the guard, but as I worked on their ships I learned that militia engineers are capable of making impossible repairs to equipment that should be impossible to repair," she frowned, "I never knew there were so many ways to keep a balloon intact enough when it should be leaking lifting gas at an unsustainable rate." She shook her head, "It's not all bad, their engineers have given me some good advice about keeping a ship afloat, and I've met some decent people."

"Well, you say that now, wait till you have to regularly chew someone out for breaking the equipment that you have to spend hours fixing." She smirked, "Dad needs to learn that, no, just because we survived that pirate ambush, doesn't mean I'll forgive him for blowing out my engines."

Amelia giggled and Lorena gave her a smile. The two of them traded stories for the rest of the night, only stopping when they had to part ways.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 21, 2015, 07:48:11 am »
Transport Ship

As Alister walks to the door of the transport, the door open and he sees Alison standing in it.

"We need to talk Alister."

Mentally he is thinking, "Oh flak." However, out loud he says. "I'm guessing this isn't something that can wait for morning?"

"No. He's rhyming Alister."

"What?" His voice dropping the sleepiness and switching to full alert. "What's he saying."

"1,2,3,4, someones knocking at the door. 5, 6, 7, 8, the birds have come to seal your fate. He kept humming the tune as well. There may be more to his little poem that he's not saying."

"Just what we need. Our resident sociopath, is making up murderous and ominous rhymes." Alister brushes past Alison, and goes down to the brig door. Hearing the rhyme repeated over and over. He then goes back upstairs and finds a suitable room to sleep in.

"Why does he sleep so easily in the armory?" Alison asks of no one in particular.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:50:48 am by Carn »

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2015, 12:12:21 pm »
The Next Morning, Still Day 2

Council Hall

After night of restless sleep, Frey sits in the office that has been provided for him. On his desk is the stack of papers of yesterday's applicants. As he looks through it to find the remaining captains to accompany them on the trip a knock is heard on his door.

"Commander you in there."

Not looking up from his papers, "You can come in Councilman."

The door swings open and enters Enger who takes notice of the papers.

"Still looking to fill up the rest of the ship slots." he asks as he takes a seat.

"Yes, finding crews for them are easy, but finding willing captains is the problem. Plus we need pilots for those four planes."

"Hopefully you can fill them soon. So how was your guest."

Stopping, Frey quietly sets the papers down and looks at the councilman in the eye.

"He has the essence of one of them; cold, cunning, manipulative. I don't like having the expedition going on with him on board."

"It was your order, how are you going about this."

"I'm going with them as well," is the straightforward answer.

"What?!? After that ship leaves the city, you are order to go back to Lord's Leap."

Chuckling, Frey stands from his chair and walks towards the door, "They'll be fine without me, Melin and I do it all the time and the Barons happen to turn out alright-ish. Besides I have prior knowledge on them and would benefit the group as a whole if I join."

"Wait, Commander," cries out Enger as he stands to follow him.

"Don't worry, I'll still have that full roster by the end of the day. I'm off to lithe Militia Docks if you need me."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2015, 01:56:12 pm »
Heading back to the transport with his new gear, Gaige knocks on the door.

"Hello, anyone home?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2015, 03:51:53 pm »
A loud thump can be heard, along with some quite vibrant swearing and the words. "NO, NO, NO, DO NOT EXPLODE!"

Sighing Alison goes and opens the door, letting Gaige in. "The captain, slept in the armory last night."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 21, 2015, 06:45:05 pm »
Amelia woke up in the room she shared with Reagan, who was nowhere to be seen, that didn't bother her of course but it made her wonder what she was up to. Still that was a nonissue at the moment... hopefully. She sat about in bed before deciding it was time she got ready, which she did, in a well practiced and efficient manner. Her kit gathered she set out into the great known, maybe she would run into a few of the others, that said the ship was rather large for such a small crew and wondered if anyone else would be joining them. She passed by the ship's armory when she heard a rather panicked voice.

"NO, NO, NO, DO NOT EXPLODE!" She looked at the door, was that Mr. Carn?

"Mr. Carn? Is everything alright in there?"