Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 437309 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2015, 08:29:48 pm »
Transport

Shrinking under her glare, Arnold answer, "It was by the order of the Commander, he says that this man can help with your mission. What ever that means."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2015, 08:30:51 pm »
--Market District, Cathedral--

"I don't have to convince you of anything, other then the fact I'll simply find a way to sneak it on, or it will, it is after all smart enough to lodge itself in an engine without harm, I doubt finding a way onto a ship will be that much more difficult." She smiled at him, "In any case," she said holding up a bag of crowns, "Shopping is that much more enjoyable after a hard days work, wouldn't you agree?"

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 19, 2015, 08:34:40 pm »
Transport

"Oh don't worry my dear, I promise to be on my best behavior!"

Market

"I could just kill it. Tend to do that to things I find latched on my ship." Carn thinks for a moment. The creature appears to be benign, but still. "You feed it, clean up after it, and if I find it somewhere it shouldn't be, I'm eating it."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2015, 08:38:44 pm »
Transport

Seeing that she is distracted, Arnold motions for his team to exit the transport quickly. On e way out, one man leaves a bag with restraining equipment just in case for the crew.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2015, 08:39:44 pm »

"Afraid you're going to find it waiting for you in bed? A lover's smirk plastered over it's face?" She smiles, "Enough of this," she hooked her other arm in his, "I do believe you promised me weapons, shall we?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2015, 08:44:53 pm »
Transport

A thought occurs to Alison, a lovely, lovely thought. "Do you know my position on this trip Briggs?"

"I would assume your usual. Getting into places where others are not able to."

"True, but I have another as well. Medical officer. Which means, I am perfectly equipped to poison you."

Jasper's face begins to lose its cockiness.

Market

"I said a weapon. 500 gold price limit, anything beyond that, and your going to have to shell out yourself. First question, do you know how to shoot? And second question, are you any good with a blade?"

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 19, 2015, 08:55:08 pm »
As the two of them walked she thought about the question, "Passable with a gun, Father insisted that I learn how to protect myself, as for blades..." she gave him a sheepish smile, "I can give someone a good thrashing, provided they don't see me, or aren't trained soldiers."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 19, 2015, 09:00:13 pm »
Market

"I saw a used carbine in relatively good condition for about 300 gold earlier. Lightweight, bolt-action, guy was selling a scope for about 50 gold."

Transport

"Yes Briggs. I can kill you, without anyone else knowing. So you just sit still, keep quiet, and stay in the brig, Briggs."

As Alison walks away, Jasper mutters to himself. "Oh I bet you thought that was clever."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 19, 2015, 09:26:47 pm »
Western Docks

As the cool night wind blows in, a passenger ship lands into the commercial section of the Western Docks. After having several dockhands help secure the vessel, the doors open as people start to exit with their luggage.

Over the ship's PA system, the captain addresses to them, "Well I hope you enjoy our flight from Anvala, have a good evening everyone. This is your captain signing out."

Stepping out to see the familiar night lights of the city, a young man in his twenties slings his backpack over his shoulders as he takes in the cool air. Taking a step, his left foot touches the gound followed by the squeaking of a spring as his right prosthetic hits as well. Even after a month of having the fake limb, he stumbles foward a little almost into an elder lady.

"My apologise ma'am. New leg hehe." as he chuckles nervously.

"Not a problem my dear, it happens to the best of people. Tish such a young lad to lose a limb to the sands." she replies with a knowing smile.

Running a hand through his hair and with a sigh, "Yeah. Well you have a good night."

"You too sweetie."

The man watches as she walks off towards the center of the city and notices a slight limp in her step. Looking closely he sees that she also has a prosthetic of sort, more advance than his simple spring one. Smiling as know that he is not the o ly one with the same problems, he heads off south down the docks to a familiar inn.

On the way there, he replays a flashback on before he left.

------

Same man is seen upstairs putting several pairs of clothing in his backpack. His doors open and an another man, not much older than him, comes in.

"You going somewhere?" he comments at the bag.

"Yeah, just a small vacation and a slight business trip to Cathedral."

Smirking, the older man leans on the doorframe, "Oh, Cathedral huh. So this business trip, it doesn't involve several people we know, perhaps a female?"

The man laughs as a pillow is thrown at him before a small crash is heard. Concerned, he quickly rush over to his old friend and Guard partner up.

"Jeez can you be more careful? I know it's been weeks since the therapy, but getting use to a prosthetic takes a while."

"I know, but seriously. Everyone thinks I should take a nice vacation, it will be good on me."

"If you insist. So how are you getting there since the ship is still being rebuilt."

"I got a ticket on board a passenger ship. It will be leaving in two hours."

"Well, I'll help you to the ship. Also, tell girlfriend that I said hi."

Laughing again, he ducks under a punch and scurries out of the room.

"We are not dating! We just happen to write to each other!" he yells out.

------

Flaking Charles. he thinks as he continues his walk.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:32:25 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 19, 2015, 09:33:13 pm »

"Surely that isn't the only weapon?" It would pain her if it it were. "We'll keep looking, if we find nothing, we can always raid the armory later.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 19, 2015, 09:38:49 pm »
Market

Carn halts. As he is in full armor, over 250 lbs, Amelia stops as well. "Are you telling me, that we've had access to the armory, this entire time?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 19, 2015, 09:41:35 pm »
Somewhere in the Western Docks

As he continues to walk down the docks, his stomach grumbles which prompts him to stop and place a hand over it. Looking down the road, he sees that he is nowhere near the Inn and checks his watch.

I knew I should have ate on that flight. Hmm, Several restaurants should be open and I'm in no rush.

He turns left towards the city and starts walking to the Market District to find food venders.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 19, 2015, 09:47:09 pm »
Market

"I mean really, because if we do, then everybody needs to be walking out of that place with enough firepower to make Chaladon wet it's pants."

Alister sees a man in his early 20s walking down the street. A twinge of sympathy going out to him, as he sees the prosthetic leg. He's had plenty of men under his command suffer similar injuries, and he knows the strain it can put on a person's life. Still, the young man seems in a good mood, and isn't dressed like a vagrant.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 19, 2015, 10:01:30 pm »
"It's not like it's much, and Captain Morgan signed out the equipment, I suppose she could do the same for the rest of us." She said as she watched the man limp by, he looked familiar, and then it all clicked. She looked to the little creature on her arm.

"Alright Andromeda, go get that man's attention."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2015, 10:23:58 pm »
Market District

Stopping, the man smell freshly cooked noodles and panfried chicken at one of the stall. Turning to the source of the smell, his stomach growls in appreciation.

Hearing the noise, the stall's vendor gives out a small laugh, "Look like someone is peckish."

"Yeah, so how much is a bowl of noodles and a side of chicken?"

"That will be 6 crowns total."

Happy at the pric, he takes put a coin pouch and pulls out the amount. As he is about to hand over the man, he notices the vendor giving him an odd stare.

"What? Is there something in my teeth? My clothes? I mean they maybe a little dusty but they are decent when I put them in the wash."

"Umm," was all the vendor can say as he points to the top of his head, "you got something, above."

Curious, the man looks up to be met by a....thing.

"Um, why don't I find this unusual?" the man thinks out loud.

Suddenly it squishes down quickly on his face, startling the man to stumble a little. Floating there until the man regains his composure, it starts flying off into the crowd once he takes notices again. Confused as to being attack by a flying squid, blob thingy, the man quickly follows it until it stops in front of its owner.

"What the?," he starts as he recognises the female, "This is yours?"