Author Topic: Captain-exclusive component interface.  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• Salutes: 9
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Captain-exclusive component interface.
« on: June 05, 2015, 11:23:28 am »
My suggestion is to create a special interface for the captain that activates only when said captain is at the wheel. This interface shows every ship component in a straight row that is completly fixed while at the wheel. Visual cues such as engines protruding to right and left can be used to distinguish between parts. The point is to make it easier for the captain to see the status of the components and formulate a strategy.

The reason why I don't want it to extend to any class but the pilot (I say captain automatically, sorry) is because we need to make it very clear that the pilot, or captain, is the one who gives the commands. So, what do you think?

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Captain-exclusive component interface.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 11:57:01 am »
I've seen similar suggested before, so it is not an unwanted feature, personally I've gotten uses to how the current interface works, but wouldn't mind if such a hud existed, however as a side note, there are hud features being worked on in the Dev app, so when I get around to it may incorporate this suggestion to my feedback :)

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• Salutes: 9
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 04:03:45 pm »
I've seen similar suggested before, so it is not an unwanted feature, personally I've gotten uses to how the current interface works, but wouldn't mind if such a hud existed, however as a side note, there are hud features being worked on in the Dev app, so when I get around to it may incorporate this suggestion to my feedback :)

Would be massively appriciated <3

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 03:14:20 am »
I think it's just fine the way it is.. As captain you can freely look anywhere on the ship so it is no problem telling which components need repairing.. Muse resources better spent on making better gunner tutorials :)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 04:08:30 am »
But at times the components blend into the background. I've always wanted a better, more centralized system. However, it would clutter the UI and Muse doesn't want that. So, want it, but till Muse allows custom UI mods, never gonna happen.