Author Topic: Hull Health Tick Markers  (Read 7380 times)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Hull Health Tick Markers
« on: May 13, 2015, 10:21:08 pm »
This is something the Devs and the players seem to disagree on a lot. Are/were the permahull markers useful to you before they removed them? I'm glad the new hull bar is "accurate" now, but it's impossible to read accurately unless you tape a ruler to your screen.

This is a big issue for me as a competitive pilot. I can't accurately estimate how close I am to death without those markers. They are very important to me, and I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

Please vote :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:24:31 pm by DJ Logicalia »

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Hull Health Tick Markers
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 11:07:47 pm »
Did I use them yes. Do I want them? Dunno, its a double question you got going on there. I liked it measurement-wise and right now the lack of it doesn't disrupt my current play style its just not as accurate to measure. Bear in mind that the ticks covered up what little space of healthcare that didn't show your health accurately (although one can say its negligible).

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 11:17:56 pm »
Idea: just add a scale that sits just below the bar, so we have a solid bar AND tick marks!

Offline Nietzsche's Mustache

• Salutes: 27
    • [IISC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 12:06:02 am »
It's very nice between engagements to be able to say to the other captain: "bear in mind I'm at 40% health" rather than "I think I"m going to die soon."

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 01:51:42 am »
Usefulness is moot. You can tell what it is. When most ships are below half, they'll fold up pretty quick. Think probably the Fish and maybe the Galleon are the only two you really don't need to go "oh shit" about.

Squid = Well, no more ramming. Okay maybe ram only when they are ultra weak.
Pyra = Holy crap that is what 50% hp looks like! Hey guys look, 50% hp!! I'm not dead!! Quick someone take a screenshot!!
Junker = Meh, just keep the balloon and engines up. As long as we don't get popped and stomped, we'll be fine.
Spire = Hey Billy Bob, more hammerin, less shootin this time!
Mobula = SIT ON THE HULL!! I DON'T CARE IF ITS ALL QUIET!! SIT ON IT!! YOU WILL SIT THERE AND STARE AT IT TILL YOU FIND THAT HULL SEXUALLY ATTRACTIVE!!!

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 02:30:59 am »
doesn't everyone balloon ram with the squid anyway?

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 02:35:59 am »
Balloon dies almost immediately, then dmg is transferred to hull. If an engineer isn't sitting on it, the armor drops and the hull takes perma quickly. So yeah you ram with balloon at high speed but there is still a risk. Above 50% you can say the hell with it. Below 50% it starts turning into classic squid where if you spit at it, it'll fall apart. Or as I now call it, Pyra Mode.