Author Topic: Animated Themes  (Read 16037 times)

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Animated Themes
« on: April 14, 2015, 07:46:34 pm »
I think a cool idea for a Ship Theme would be "Infirmary", where there'd be blood splotches on the walls, few body bags here and there, but the real idea for it is: Actual Humans Standing around. Well, not standing, Mostly sitting against a wall holding various bodyparts that are bandaged up with blood stains, and a wheelchair too. But they'd be looking around, shifting their arm a bit, just acting like injured people.

Basically, I just want Ship Themes that have people here. They wouldn't do anything, just be purely cosmetic. But starting a game and walking to your various battle stations while seeing a few engineers crouching, do some welding on the walls would be so cool.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Themes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:58:19 pm »
Too many extra animations. Would require minimum specs to go up. Unless it was something that was only visible on high settings. So on low you'd just see blood and body parts all over...which I'm absolutely for as I can then warn new players that all of that is the remains of the last powder monkey who disobeyed me.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 07:58:32 pm »
I would love that. I, and probably others, would wind up naming each individual person on each ship. I would also yell at them for being useless sacks of meat. I DONT CARE IF YOURE MISSING AN ARM, GET ON THAT DAMN ENGINE!!

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 08:02:49 pm »
I can see so many problems

BUT SO MUCH AWESOME

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 08:40:50 pm »
A medical vessel would not have any room for guns.

A galleon would be filled with a lower deck of stretchers and beds. And it would be walled off from the elements.

At best it would only have top deck light guns. On the port, starboard and aft.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 08:52:11 pm »
I don't care about realism, I just care about whether or not I can yell at Larry, the useless cabin boy on the bow of the Galleon.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 09:03:14 pm »
Had this idea long time ago. I would like barrels or something rolling side to side as the ship turns.
Or cages with birds in them that chirp whenever impact damage happens.
Some extra cloth physics themes (Valentine is one but minimal).

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 10:22:05 pm »
Well its not exactly an animated theme but I'd like for there to be at least one theme that changes reflecting the damage of the ship. Personally I'd love a luxury or "art bandit" theme where there are marble statues and paintings and other fancy fixings and as the ship takes damage pictures frames fall down and break or the arms fall off a statue as well as just general (and slightly comically) destructive things happen to the finer things of life.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 11:39:58 am »
I think a theme named "Shiphome" (Or something similar. I have horrible names right now) would be cool. Basically, the idea is, the theme would make ships have a more homey-feeling. As if you lived on the ship. So a rusty oven next to a couple pans and pots in the Galleon's bottom deck, and a clothesline strung over the balloon mask.

Something like a cracked bath on the right of the Pyra engine, all that.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 01:15:15 pm »
I am not sure I would feel comfortable shooting at a hospital ship or flying one into battle. An animated theme would be great. We already have animated ship components so I don't think it would be too taxing on the processor.

My suggestions for this are
A wild life theme with an animated parrot on the railing and a monkey in the rigging
A reaver theme Rotating knives jutting out of parts of the ship and a mechanized laughing skull.
A monastic them with Spinning Tibetan prayer wheels and a big brass bell.
A mad scientist theme with a Plasma ball and tubes full of bubbling liquid.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 01:57:05 pm »
I am not sure I would feel comfortable shooting at a hospital ship or flying one into battle. An animated theme would be great. We already have animated ship components so I don't think it would be too taxing on the processor.

My suggestions for this are
A wild life theme with an animated parrot on the railing and a monkey in the rigging
A reaver theme Rotating knives jutting out of parts of the ship and a mechanized laughing skull.
A monastic them with Spinning Tibetan prayer wheels and a big brass bell.
A mad scientist theme with a Plasma ball and tubes full of bubbling liquid.

Okay, I probably worded that too wrong. I don't mean a ship built as a hospital, I just mean a ship that's transporting some injured soldiers and such. Field Medic if you would.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 03:25:01 pm »
That is still a hospital ship. Vehicles and personnel flying the Red Cross (Red Crescent or Red Star of David) are considered non combatants and should not be targeted under what most civilized armies recognize as the rules of war. If a medical unit actively engages in combat that protection is forfeit but such instances are rare and also considered against the rules of war.

I know it is just a game, but deep down I would feel bad if I committed a war crime, even virtually.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 04:15:18 pm »
That is still a hospital ship. Vehicles and personnel flying the Red Cross (Red Crescent or Red Star of David) are considered non combatants and should not be targeted under what most civilized armies recognize as the rules of war. If a medical unit actively engages in combat that protection is forfeit but such instances are rare and also considered against the rules of war.

I know it is just a game, but deep down I would feel bad if I committed a war crime, even virtually.

Meh, in a apocolyptic place like GoIO, war crimes don't really seem like a thing to worry about.

Flamethrowers are warcrimes too, I believe.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 05:58:58 pm »
Fireworks?

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 11:30:04 am »
How about a scrapyard theme? Ship looks like it just pulled out of a junkyard, covered in rust and bits of scrap metal. Something for the captain to yell at the engies at how deplorable they are