Author Topic: More use of the "use pilot tool" function  (Read 21262 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
More use of the "use pilot tool" function
« on: March 22, 2015, 02:03:44 am »
So... Tar barrel needs you to use the use pilot tool button (which needs to be binded if you're a controller user)

Why... isn't this feature a standard?

I really would like to use pilot and toggle tools with out having to accidentally use others.

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
Re: More use of the "use pilot tool" function
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 02:06:11 am »
Click to activate for Hydro and chute vent would be nice.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 02:13:08 am »
Because there was a way to abuse Tar before they added the click to activate.

Honestly, it's not a huge deal. I put hydro in the middle of my tools just in case I need to scroll so I don't accidentally kill my balloon. Pilot tools are needed to be used in quick succession to exert their fullest potential, and a click to activate feature on all of them I think would negativity impact the pilot game. I'd be open to seeing it as an option, though

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 05:16:17 am »
I never got the point of click to activate on tar. Can someone explain why it is needed?

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 08:59:46 am »
I never got the point of click to activate on tar. Can someone explain why it is needed?
I think it was just people being unable to use pilot tools without scrolling through and constantly activated tar.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 09:19:02 am »
I think it was just people being unable to use pilot tools without scrolling through and constantly activated tar.
Number keys exist.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 09:32:54 am »
Number keys exist.

I use number keys but I think Jazz makes a very good point, especially with his experience as a controller user, it is well worth considering for the PS4 release. Thread forwarded to feedback. :)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 10:37:18 am »
Make it optional and bring back normal tar. We are the #PCmustardrice and we have number keys.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 10:56:55 am »
Make it optional and bring back normal tar. We are the #PCmustardrice and we have number keys.
You can just bind the activation to the number you have tar equipped on. It behaves pretty much like old tar.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 11:28:05 am »
Chute vent + Hydro could use this safety click.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 11:46:03 am »
Number keys exist.
I use number keys but I think Jazz makes a very good point, especially with his experience as a controller user, it is well worth considering for the PS4 release. Thread forwarded to feedback. :)
For controllers, couldn't you simulte the number keys with all the bumpers and triggers on the back of the controller?

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 01:05:06 pm »
Number keys exist.
For controllers, couldn't you simulte the number keys with all the bumpers and triggers on the back of the controller?

my bumpers are prev tool and next tool.

my y button is hot keyed to slot 1.

my triggers are set to fire and equipment tool use. as well as zoom.

So basically...nah. If the equipment tools use was on every pilot tool. It would be ideal for me, a controller user.

Also I want to also suggest that there is an option to toggle this on/off because... would it REALLY be that hard implement such a thing?

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 01:16:38 pm »
Yes I agree and added the point of it being toggle on/off in the email, that way numberpad users wont be forced to click all the time, and it becomes optional for everyone :)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 04:59:57 pm »
You guys know you can activate pilot tools without mouse wheel right? Like moving your finger a tiny bit and/or memorizing 1,2,3,4 buttons. It really doesn't take long or much effort.

Frankly, its faster the way it is now. You just need 1 step to activate while Tar needs 2 steps. Changing the game just to make lazy people feel better about being able to play the game with one hand on a mouse and the other in their pants is not a solid reason to mess up the game for players who put the time and effort into learn.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 05:01:18 pm »
You guys know you can activate pilot tools without mouse wheel right? Like moving your finger a tiny bit and/or memorizing 1,2,3,4 buttons. It really doesn't take long or much effort.

Frankly, its faster the way it is now. You just need 1 step to activate while Tar needs 2 steps. Changing the game just to make lazy people feel better about being able to play the game with one hand on a mouse and the other in their pants is not a solid reason to mess up the game for players who put the time and effort into learn.

I was thinking less about pc users and more about PS4 release :)