Author Topic: Minotaur Heavy Cannon  (Read 43959 times)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Minotaur Heavy Cannon
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 12:17:50 pm »
I rather imagine this gun on galleon.

Step one:
Shoot Minotaur to the side of a pyramidion.

Step two:
Fuck up their engines

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 12:44:33 pm »

Step one:

Step two:
Fuck up their engines

HWACHA/MINOTAUR NEW META

That actually sounds amazing.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 02:27:11 pm »
On crazy king, bullfish is very good. It's like a better version of flakfish. Good support for ally ships, and fast enough to get to capture points.

And it's really really easy to shot.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 04:36:30 pm »
Ok, after I played against Spud Nick and his BullSpire I changed my mind about Minotaur.

My opinion now is:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $@#%^&%*&%^%$@! !!!! - and then he swore hideously

This should be called TrollHammer, not minotaur. Although I see a reference to the power of bullfart.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 06:04:04 pm »

Step one:

Step two:
Fuck up their engines

HWACHA/MINOTAUR NEW META

That actually sounds amazing.

I have even better idea.

Hwacha + minotaur + artemis on the side of galleon.

Artemis for correcting the engines or guns, OR FOR KILLING.

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 06:12:45 pm »
Hmm... Minotaur is really annoying to pilot against.
But... it doesn't do much against a charging ship b/c

1.) a charging ship is facing you. Unless the charging ship is a mobula, it'll be quite difficult to hit in a way to turn the enemy ship.
2.) a charging ship is probably using Kerosene or Moonshine. They will not turn.

It's hell to fly a sniper ship against a spire. It's not that hard to fly a close range ship towards the enemy. I'd say, against a charging ship, a good mine launcher is better.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 07:53:30 pm »
I find It's best when used with spanner mallet buff heavy on a long range ship. It prevents you from being shot and can 1 shot disable any component.

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 08:06:52 pm »
I find It's best when used with spanner mallet buff heavy on a long range ship. It prevents you from being shot and can 1 shot disable any component.

Yea, heavy minotaur is ridiculously accurate, and fast. It's a easier counter to sniper ships than a lumberjack.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 08:11:33 pm »
What happens if you shoot down or up at a ship? Will it push that ship lower/higher? Or is it only horizontal push?

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 08:52:03 pm »
What happens if you shoot down or up at a ship? Will it push that ship lower/higher? Or is it only horizontal push?
That's a good and important question. But also..

Does anybody think that Minotaur isn't quite complete yet?
It looks and sounds much like the lumberjack. The projectile is invisible. Guns doesn't seem to have any arcs. And the hover-over description goes out of the description box.

Offline Tychon

• Salutes: 0
    • [❤❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 09:25:06 pm »
From my tests from either being captain of a ship with the Minotaur or actively watching the shots. It seems like a instant shot.

Heavy Clip is great for getting a solid consistent hit. Burst is great for breaking everything. Lesmok seems to have a better time with 'spinning' the ships. Greased, higher fire rate and consistent hits. Have not tested Charged or Incendiary. All in all its a pretty effective support weapon. The description says it good with deflecting rams i would say so but only if your trying to deflect a ram on an allies ship.

Range wise with the .1875s arming time its for long range especially, the moment a ship is seen by an ally and you got a clear shot i did not find the max range for the Minotaur. But again its is truly only effective when your supporting your team mates.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 09:28:20 pm »
This is the part where I ask, again, for tracers on all guns that do not have them, mino and carronade that is.

Offline Tychon

• Salutes: 0
    • [❤❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 09:32:36 pm »
This is the part where I ask, again, for tracers on all guns that do not have them, mino and carronade that is.

I do agree.

On the note of the up and down factor for the mino, it does indeed knock about the airship in many directions. Including going up and down considering that it basically has a 60-75 degree arc up and down.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 09:36:02 pm »
So if you were to hit say a goldfish on the front end, on top, on the left side, would the goldfish go down, back, and spin to the right? That sounds like a lot of stuff for a gunner and pilot to cope with, as far as trying to keep arc.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 09:38:37 pm »
From my tests from either being captain of a ship with the Minotaur or actively watching the shots. It seems like a instant shot.

Heavy Clip is great for getting a solid consistent hit. Burst is great for breaking everything. Lesmok seems to have a better time with 'spinning' the ships. Greased, higher fire rate and consistent hits. Have not tested Charged or Incendiary. All in all its a pretty effective support weapon. The description says it good with deflecting rams i would say so but only if your trying to deflect a ram on an allies ship.

Range wise with the .1875s arming time its for long range especially, the moment a ship is seen by an ally and you got a clear shot i did not find the max range for the Minotaur. But again its is truly only effective when your supporting your team mates.

It has a speed of 800 meters/second with max range of 1800.

Like a carronade, it has no burst effect so the only effect burst has is increasing clip size and decreasing ROF. Like a carronade, lesmok isn't particularly useful due to the spread. I agree with greased for close range. Charged isn't very useful because the amount of damage doesn't change amount of push, and incendiary has a chance to start only about one fire (20% X 5 particles).  Unless you plan on consistently using it close range, heavy clip is the only necessary ammo.

I have used it a lot today and buff heavy seems the way to go. It's a very effective long range support weapon that acts as a defense against getting shot. So much so that it renders counters countered. No longer should a mobula scare your galleon or spire, just bring a Minotaur.