Author Topic: MLG tournament lead  (Read 5797 times)

Offline OnlyMan.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
MLG tournament lead
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:05:20 pm »
Hey everyone. Due to some changes within my offline life, fatherhood and all that, and a bit of a change of heart, I can no longer be the lead for the MLG charity tournament. If anyone wants to lead it, I have the rules, MLG contact info, roster for referees and even the theme song made by one of our own community members. If you are interested, please contact me via email at gkconnor91@gmail.com

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: MLG tournament lead
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 04:57:58 am »
I feel like this is something Leto should take on.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 05:07:19 pm »
as much as it would be amazing if leto took over, since he is already in talks with mlg. Im just not sure its a good idea to have the competitive scene built on one mans shoulders anymore like we used to have with Urz. After urz left we went some time without weekly event, and we have that now just not as organized etc. supported by leto who helps us with streaming.

I would say if this whole MLG thing is to be saved at this point, a group of players should take over, instead of resting it all on one mans shoulders. atm i think leto would like to focus on his weekly iron fork, his own tourney and playing competitive on the occasional sunday. that said I am not leto and cant say what he wants to do, but I dont think its a good choice if he steps in because others didnt want to.

I am actually disappointed and alarmed that this just gets distributed like this. We had an immense discussion wayback when mlg was first introduced, and it was a scary thing to all teams having to deal with this change. Leto needless to say talked a lot of us down, and eventually got us onboard. Im not liking this where guys, like aleyeska pushes forward on doing this promising to organize it, and then just back out in the end. Now It is understandable that you are a proud parent aleyeska and I congratulate you on becoming a father, that is just not going to change that fact that your change of heart is unexplained.

We were promised that this would happen, and that we the teams would be part of this new competitive scene. I dont know what to say at this point, but I hope that it works out mlg or no mlg.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 05:39:22 pm »
With Skrim on this. It shouldn't be one person. Qwerty for awhile tried it, he burned out. Urz tried it, he burned out. Course I know there was more reasons involved with them but lets just leave it at that. The track record of people trying to take everything on themselves is not good. Which goes in turn with charismatic leadership styles. They are great for initial startups, bring a lot of ambition to the table, but as time goes on and problems hit, their motivation can easily falter. In those times another who is more stable is needed to help keep it rolling.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 09:22:17 am »
Well I had a taste of organizing with TB (can't say it was the smoothest) but I enjoyed it, and I was really for MLG from the start. I actually tried to convince Urz to look into back in the day, but Urz was Urz. So what I'm saying is I am willing to lend some support as long as it doesn't get in the way of future TimmyB tournaments or my own team management.