Author Topic: Apostasia in Philomusici Complectum  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Canon Whitecandle

• Salutes: 8
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Apostasia in Philomusici Complectum
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:24:17 pm »
I've been having a rough month, plagued by grade woes and familial issues, with the threat of my stepmother and father getting divorce (and subsequently messing up the remainder of my high-school education) looming over my head. But then today, my favorite musician, Yourenigma, released this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBVF45yDQI8

My mind was brought to a screeching halt. This music was so profoundly awesome, so simply good, that I broke down. In the midst of all the thoughts roiling through my mind, of how terrible my stepmother was being towards me and how miserable I was, this little treat for the ears embedded itself in my mind and supplanted all my sorrow. In a stroke of inspiration, I took to my Latin dictionary and came up with...
Apostasia in Philomusici Complectum.
Translated as "Denouncement of one's religion, into the embrace of music," Apostasia in Philomusici Complectum is the closest thing I could think of to adequately encapsulating my feelings tonight.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets lost... so wonderfully, inexorably lost in my music like this.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: Apostasia in Philomusici Complectum
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 12:38:31 pm »
Sorry to hear about the rough time you are having. If this sort of thing makes you feel better, the more power to you.

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:08:43 am »
From this post, I just discovered something that is utter bliss to listen to.

I'm just going to say, that if you have a vendetta on ponies, you're gonna miss out on some true music here.

Offline Canon Whitecandle

• Salutes: 8
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 12:37:37 am »
From this post, I just discovered something that is utter bliss to listen to.

I'm just going to say, that if you have a vendetta on ponies, you're gonna miss out on some true music here.
I always hesitate to mention Yourenigma in non-pony circles because of the stigma against fan content from any fandom really, but he's definitely worth listening to no matter your feelings about the show.

And referring back to my post, listening to good music is definitely an almost religious experience for me.