Author Topic: Music in Lobby  (Read 17087 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Music in Lobby
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 08:48:47 pm »
Party idea is good. I like it.
Many times I have my own music playing in the background (game music muted) but in-game microphone sounds not muted - so when someone plays something it gets unpleasant. On the other hand I understand that it's fun to sometimes randomly hear Rick Astley waiting for the game. I think if it's from time to time and lasts no longer than 5-10 seconds it's fine.
But, yeah, I pretty much block all of them pretty soon

Offline CheeseAlmighty

• Salutes: 5
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 08:59:53 pm »
Ah, I finally had a match together with them, they were playing a kinda new, pop sounding song, I told them "I'm more of aaaa, country/blues kinda guy." and he actually switched into a smooth, easy listening jazz and good ol' blues tunes, and it. was. awesome. Am I easily entertained? Maybe. But still, my final decision is, they're mighty fine people, and not obnoxious at all :3 And I'm pretty sure they would've stopped playing the music if I asked them to.

Just wanted add this here... Maybe I should've edited my previous reply? Meh, it'll be fine.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 09:24:13 pm »
There is only Radio Geo. Everything else gets blocked.

Offline Sanji the Chef

• Salutes: 2
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 12:24:38 am »
For my part, I really like what MUS is doing. There's just something fundamentally enjoyable about sitting in a lobby, listening to The Ballad of Serenity1 with fifteen random people from all over the world while you get ready to blow each other out of the sky.

You seem to see a problem that, as far as I can tell, doesn't really exist with what they do and how they're doing it: MUS aren't a bunch of self-proclaimed DJs blasting Gangster-Yodel-Metal whenever they can. They are, as Aleyeska said, genuinely pleasant people who (in my experience) mainly if not exclusively play by request, in moderate amounts and loudness and never anything offensive. I'm pretty sure most of their members will stop it when and if you ask them.

I'm sure as hell pleased whenever I join a lobby to find that MUS is present there.  :D

1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DiWxcilWtU

"Pleasant people" - yea, if they were I'd agree with you. The time I met one, the majority of the lobby asked him to stop playing music because we were talking. His response? "You can just block me, idiots" "No I won't stop because I don't have to" "Doesn't matter what you think, I'll turn up the volume." Yea.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 10:47:28 am »
It doesn't bother me too much, but i do think it's rude when they start up the loud music right over people that are having a conversation.

Offline Ultimate Pheer

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 01:08:03 pm »
I've had several encounters with [MUS] players, and several are on my friends list.

They're fun to be around. Especially fun to crew for.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 03:46:26 pm »
I'd like to thank Muse for the feature of being able to block people, but it also means if they're in a lobby I'm in, I have no idea if people can hear me because I don't know if there's distracting music playing.  It also means I can't communicate with them if they are on my ship or are co-captain on my team.

Offline DJ MVP Sactownkid

• Salutes: 1
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 12:35:26 am »
I always thought of ourselves as a street performers and groupies going corner to corner playing music. If one random dude doesn't like it, we could block him; but if more than a few people say they don't want to listen or say its too loud, we'll stop or lower the volume; most of us well actively stay quiet if we know people aren't going to like it.

Also to, Sanji the Chef, I remember that lobby and that was our more aggressive member, Johnny; and we are aware of his behavior, but judging a whole clan on one outspoken member or one bad moment is kinda rude though.