Author Topic: more maps for practice  (Read 7803 times)

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
more maps for practice
« on: August 07, 2014, 07:10:42 pm »
spin-off suggestion from here:

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4646.msg77573.html#msg77573

guys, bright monitors hurt my eyes.  it's the primary reason I hate Dunes and Practice so much - they're very bright maps.
I'm sure, likewise, for some people the dark maps are an issue.

but anyway, this is a suggestion to add more maps to Practice.  I know several players that would like to see every map that we currently have be practice-able, so they may explore every nook and cranny and be better able to build strategies based on the map.  for me, that's not what this is about necessarily, though if you wanted to, you could kill two birds with one stone (though I could see other community members perhaps being against this; go ahead and weigh in, guys!).  what I want, though, is for Practice to not hurt my eyes, and I want the monotony of the boring desert as far as the eye can see to be broken up.

I'm interested in hosting regular matches in Practice in the future, but if I do, I don't want to get burned out on the same map over and over and have to contend with eye strain whenever I do so.  please?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:14:04 pm by shaelyn »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: more maps for practice
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 07:57:46 pm »
+1

And also, if possible, maps af all game modes (deathmatch, control the point/king of the hill, crazy king)
Too many new players don't know anything than deathmatch which causes headaches amongst everyone else.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 10:11:50 pm »
It's been suggested a few times before, and if I remember correctly Muse said that they're not doing it, which is a shame.

Offline shaelyn

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 08:36:19 am »
It's been suggested a few times before, and if I remember correctly Muse said that they're not doing it, which is a shame.

well I hope Muse takes note how much this is wanted then, and how much it can benefit the community if I or other players will take action to host practice matches for new players without getting burned out.

(please please please Muse please!)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 02:30:46 pm »
For the question "Will you make more maps availible in practice mode?" Howard said "Yes". That's something....

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 02:46:05 pm »
It seems like this would be remarkably easy to implement and would make lots of people very happy.  +1

Offline shaelyn

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 06:24:43 pm »
For the question "Will you make more maps availible in practice mode?" Howard said "Yes". That's something....

<3 ty

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 08:05:16 pm »
Adding more maps for practice will give the player the opportunity to find new ways to navigate in maps.

This is my biggest selling point because i hate resorting to finding 3 other players just for my own sake and then experiment around the maps.
I want to fly and look around paritian rumble, canyons, Fjords, duel and find odd pathways or Practice pathways.

I really really want this D:

Offline obliviondoll

• Salutes: 26
    • [BSky]
    • View Profile
    • obliviondoll's blog (barely-maintained)
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 08:51:02 pm »
I'm another +1 on this.

I can't think of a reason for anyone to actively NOT want this (except the devs, in whose case it's an additional lower-priority job to clog up the pile). If there's someone with an argument against having more maps for practice, I'd be really interested in hearing their reasons for it.

I, too, prefer darker maps. I'm nocturnal out in the real world, and I have better vision at night than in daytime. For the most part, this holds true for me being better able to see well in darker maps and at night in games with day/night cycles (Dragon's Dogma is a rare exception :) )