Author Topic: Do pilot skills stay active if you get off the helm?  (Read 8797 times)

Offline DJ Tipz N Trix

• Salutes: 20
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Do pilot skills stay active if you get off the helm?
« on: June 28, 2014, 03:04:26 pm »
Say for example I'm on a Junker and my balloon is out.  I use Drogue Chute to slow my fall.  If I get off the helm to repair the balloon and get back on, drogue chute is already selected.  Does this mean Drogue Chute is active when I am repairing the balloon?

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Do pilot skills stay active if you get off the helm?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 03:12:42 pm »
Pilot tool effect  disappears on dismount.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 04:22:52 pm »
Pilot tools deactivate the second you get off the helm. Soem pilots tools stay active after deactivation for a bit (e.g.: Hydrogen stays active for 3 seconds).

When you mount the helm and the tool is selected you are activating it again.
Why it remembers that you have that tool activated is beyond my understanding for it could prove rather unconvinient if you activate, say chute vent again...

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 03:00:09 am »
Pilot tools deactivate the second you get off the helm. Soem pilots tools stay active after deactivation for a bit (e.g.: Hydrogen stays active for 3 seconds).

Why it remembers that you have that tool activated is beyond my understanding for it could prove rather unconvinient if you activate, say chute vent again...

Isn't it supposed to be deactivated immediately? You sure it is not staying because of ping delay?

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 05:23:33 am »

Isn't it supposed to be deactivated immediately? You sure it is not staying because of ping delay?
All pilot tools which stay active after deactivation for another few seconds do so as well if the helm is left. Leaving the helm has got the same effect on the steering tools as selecting the neutral tool-slot.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:25:16 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 08:24:18 am »

All pilot tools which stay active after deactivation for another few seconds do so as well if the helm is left. Leaving the helm has got the same effect on the steering tools as selecting the neutral tool-slot.

Strange, I noticed that drogue shute dissapears almost immediately when I dismount to hit junker's baloon

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 08:50:37 am »
Drouge stays active for 2 seconds I believe. Your balloon takes longer than that to rebuild.
It might be hard to notice its effect if you active drouge chute the second or even before your balloon actually dies, giving you the illusion it has deactivated immediately.

You can see it cleary by activating hydrogen or chute vent: The balloon gets damaged even after leaving the helm.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 02:13:49 pm »
Yup, hydrogen, chute vent, drogue chute and impact bumpers will all stay active after leaving the helm for the remaining duration each tool has.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 02:48:04 pm »

Strange, I noticed that drogue shute dissapears almost immediately when I dismount to hit junker's baloon
use the drogue chute, whack the balloon twice, return to the helm, repeat. 2 seconds really isn't a long time slot :-S I'd love to see the effect lasting a bit longer.