Author Topic: Progression Request: Reducing/Removing Capture Points from Pilot Achievements.  (Read 3131 times)

Offline EmeraldNext

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Seeing that control point has been removed from the list of game modes, I would like to request that capturing control points be removed from the relevant progression achievements of pilots, seeing that the only remaining modes are the extremely time intensive King of the Hill and Crazy King Modes.

Last time I played, the match went on for three hours with most of the crews abandoning, and the pilots playing it as a team deathmatch. It was terrible, and not an isolated incident, especially when the other captains fail to use the cross ship communications channel, even through text chat.

Is it possible? I'm aware it might not be possible to change achievements retroactively, although it is impeding my ability to progress to higher ranks of skills.

It's just that I'd rather not grind through several dozen matches of King of the Hill to get that progression piece in so that I can get to the other ones within that category, even though there are alternate routes to increasing level.

I'm also quite aware that it's a social rank, above all, with limited impact towards actual content within the game, serving more as a badge of long hours fought in the high skies.

Edit: In retrospect, I was playing King of the Hill wrong.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:44:47 pm by EmeraldNext »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Most were made before they removed CP battles from game. In those, all the points were cappable and the achievements went rather quickly. When there was a problem with the CP gametype, they subbed in CK and it has been that way ever since.

CK currently is designed to be much faster paced. If you had a match lasting 3hrs then yes literally you all were playing CK wrong. Which sadly is a common thing for new players who pick the map but have no clue it is a different gametype.

Best solution to this problem is not removing CK but adding (TDM) or (CK) text to the map selections. That or you have a different picture for the other types. All you need to do is update the current pictures for Anglean, Raid, and Desert Scrap to ones which have a CP balloon on them. So cut n paste a CP balloon and you're done. I suggested this long ago cause I got tired of newbies selecting maps and quitting when it came to CP then blaming it on their inability to read.