Author Topic: 1300 Meters or More - A Love Story  (Read 13718 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
1300 Meters or More - A Love Story
« on: February 11, 2014, 11:49:16 pm »

Day: Tuesday (2/18/2014)
Time: 6:00 PM (EST)

This is the first event brought to you by Achievement Days
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GoIO-AD
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3344.0.html

This post-valentines day event tells the story of men and women of the sky trying to share their love with one another. The only thing standing in their way is a mountain of social awkwardness and a severe case of the butterflies.

Unable to overcome their timid nature, these aeronaughts turn to their endless ingenuity, firing letters and packages from 1300+ meters to their special someones that reveal their true feelings! Love triumphs all!

-------

The rules are pretty simple. Captains are required to bring a range finder and maintain a distance of at -least- 1300 meters from their targets, destroying them with their love from afar. Ships that move too close must make all efforts possible to return to further than 1300 meters. Repeatedly 'crossing the line' and killing ships under that range will disqualify you for the next Achievement Days events.

The goal is to help players complete the difficult achievements requiring kills over long ranges without actually handing out kills, you still need to earn them. The map will be based upon the number of interested persons.

Please post below if you're interested along with which class you'd like to play. The password of the match will be whispered to you in game on the day. (Match is passworded to help enforce the extra rule).

Hope to see you there!
(Event may be streamed)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 12:34:51 am by Thomas »

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: 1300 Meters or More - A Love Story
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 12:18:39 am »
What's the date again?  You listed today's date.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:35:58 am »
2/18/14 (-Next- Tuesday)

*cough cough* Updated. Sorry about that. D;

Never post while sleep deprived!

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 01:27:05 am »
Still got 21 to go after all these months it has been in game...I'll try to remember this and hop in for it.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 04:47:17 am »
This sounds like fun even though I don't have any achievements for it.  Unfortunately I will be at work then so hopefully you will be able to do one at either 4am EST or on the weekend sometime :P

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 06:01:26 am »
I'll join in for getting 1000m kills as engineer.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 11:55:55 am »
I've been stuck on one of those achieves for engi for months... But 6 PM EST is just a couple of hours too early for me. Looks like I'll keep on working on getting kill steals with my Hades!

Offline Feast on Thrones

• Salutes: 7
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 05:10:17 pm »
It might prove to be some good practice (preliminary yes) I will confirm at a later date.

Offline B'Elanna

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 82
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 05:45:56 pm »
This is today? right?
So. If anyone needs me for this. I don't have anything better to do.
Engineer rather than actual Pilot. But i guess i could fill any slot if needed.

Offline Puppy Fur

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 10
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 06:22:32 pm »
I disagree with farming achievements or creating matches for the soul purpose of getting an achievement. Working hard for them is the point.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 07:00:27 pm »
I disagree with farming achievements or creating matches for the soul purpose of getting an achievement. Working hard for them is the point.

And most of us have tried doing that for months and gotten nowhere. Hence the reason this is now being done. When you get to the same achievements, unless Muse nerfs them, you'll feel the same anger we feel.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 08:20:32 pm »
Pretty sure Thomas is also against completely farming them. The way he's going about it here, is setting up matches where they are a whole lot easier to obtain, but you still have to actually play to get them.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 01:53:06 am »
Pretty sure Thomas is also against completely farming them. The way he's going about it here, is setting up matches where they are a whole lot easier to obtain, but you still have to actually play to get them.
That's the goal. It's not a 'you kill me, I kill you' scenario. Players are still competing, we're just making the conditions for the achievement more likely. You might get a lot of kills from this, or you might get none.  I don't approve of handouts, but this is a very difficult achievement, even under the right circumstances. Some players have been stuck on it for months, even if they're actively trying just for this achievement.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 03:05:19 am »
Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to miss this tomorrow as I've gotta take a car in for a repair since the part didn't get in today.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 06:06:36 pm »
Sorry, but it looks like the event needs to be postponed. A lot going on this week (along with the big influx of new players).

We'll reschedule for this Saturday around 6:00 PM (hopefully after all the other events, if it conflicts with something, let me know).

To ease the procress, the password will be 'love'.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:11:18 pm by Thomas »