Author Topic: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).  (Read 308213 times)

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2013, 12:37:26 pm »
What's the $100k + $350k + $500k = $950k?

The KS project raises $100k Muse develops Fifty Shades of PvE

The KS project raises $500k Muse develops Adventure Mode, either releasing Fifty Shades of PvE along the way or that's just a development step.

The figures aren't additive, they're milestones along the way.

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2013, 01:16:21 pm »
That was my question. So the next kickstarter will be for ~$350k MINUS whatever is raised in this campaign (allowing some adjustments for varying costs etc. of course). Excellent.

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2013, 01:39:37 pm »
That was my question. So the next kickstarter will be for ~$350k MINUS whatever is raised in this campaign (allowing some adjustments for varying costs etc. of course). Excellent.

I doubt muse will do another kickstarter for AM as it could complicate and causes issues with backers of this kickstarter, those are stretch goals aka what they do with the over funding, they haven't said how they will fund any shortfall below the 500k, but I would imagine via the sale of adventure mode as multipart DLC etc

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2013, 02:52:38 pm »

I doubt muse will do another kickstarter for AM as it could complicate and causes issues with backers of this kickstarter, those are stretch goals aka what they do with the over funding, they haven't said how they will fund any shortfall below the 500k, but I would imagine via the sale of adventure mode as multipart DLC etc

Which is why I'm so nervous about how they handled complaints from the last kickstarter, if they go that route without saying so upfront on their kickstarter page I'm going to be in the same boat.

Offline dragonmere

• [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2013, 03:04:46 pm »
Which is why I'm so nervous about how they handled complaints from the last kickstarter, if they go that route without saying so upfront on their kickstarter page I'm going to be in the same boat.

Accumulative/Separate funding goals aside ... This is getting back to my main point about how some backers, I'm sure, are expecting a completed adventure mode for this one particular contribution.

At this point, I'm assuming this current kickstarter to be fully funded, even though we're a little shy still. If there's 2 more 'pillars', how are they going to be funded?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:22:40 pm by dragonmere »

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2013, 04:09:35 pm »

Accumulative/Separate funding goals aside ... This is getting back to my main point about how some backers, I'm sure, are expecting a completed adventure mode for this one particular contribution.

At this point, I'm assuming this current kickstarter to be fully funded, even though we're a little shy still. If there's 2 more 'pillars', how are they going to be funded?

From the kickstarter page

If we don't make it all the way to $500,000, then you backers will get a Season Pass to whatever we release. The main difference is a change in our release strategy but we hope we don't need to do that

What happens if you don't reach your stretch goals?

This is a Kickstarter for the Adventure Mode DLC so you will get Adventure Mode no matter what.  If we don't come close to our $500,000 target then we'll have to re-evaluate our launch strategy.  Being indie, cash flow is extremely important so we'll most likely have to release content in smaller DLC packages.  For example, co-op functionality will be released first.  Everyone who backs this project will get a Season Pass to all DLC content no matter what our strategy is.  So if we're able to release Adventure in one big DLC, you'll get it.  If we have to split things up into smaller DLC, you'll still get it.

Edit: and one more

While it was tempting to throw up a huge target and say “Give us this much to make Adventure Mode,” we’ve chosen what we believe is the safer path for us as a studio. Go big or go home is extremely risky for us. Again, with at least the pledge goal of $100,000 we will release PvE/Co-Op functionality and give everyone who pledged here a Season Pass to everything we put out as we continue to build towards Adventure Mode.

Thats from the risks section of the KS page
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:12:32 pm by Veyka »

Offline dragonmere

• [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 12, 2013, 04:21:40 pm »
From the kickstarter page

I'd actually read all of those things, but reading them in that order somehow cleared up most of my confusion.

I was for some reason under the impression that each pillar would be funded by an entirely separate venture.

All thats left is how they will be funding the (unfortunately probably inevitable) shortfall of the final $500k mark, which apparently has not even decided by them yet.

Thank you very much.

Also please excuse my somewhat cynical nature. This was my first kickstarter backing, and perhaps due to just general confusion of the nature of crowd-funding systems, and concerns from backers of the initial GoIO, I was slightly skeptical.

Again, thanks for all the feedback.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:31:12 pm by dragonmere »

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 12, 2013, 04:42:15 pm »
Also please excuse my somewhat cynical nature. This was my first kickstarter backing, and perhaps due to just general confusion of the nature of crowd-funding systems, and concerns from backers of the initial GoIO, I was slightly skeptical.

You are not the only cynic/sceptic.. https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,543.msg9126.html#msg9126

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 14, 2013, 05:11:29 pm »
Which still doesn't answer how Muse handled those complaints about the last Kickstarter.  It's getting a little unnerving how silent Muse has been, if they were offering a refund or something sensible I don't see why they wouldn't make that known upfront to rebuild any reputation lost.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2013, 01:01:29 pm »
Which still doesn't answer how Muse handled those complaints about the last Kickstarter.  It's getting a little unnerving how silent Muse has been, if they were offering a refund or something sensible I don't see why they wouldn't make that known upfront to rebuild any reputation lost.

There's no blanket refund or anything, it's on a case-by-case basis -- basically, if you backed us in the last Kickstarter and are concerned about this one, you can contact us privately and we'll discuss it with you. Feel free to email us at feedback@musegames.com and we'll see what we can do to set your mind at ease.

Offline JaceBoojah

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2013, 03:30:16 am »
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!

Ghost bear dad... FUNDED!!!!

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2013, 03:31:52 am »
Congrats everyone! 

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2013, 03:39:15 am »
Woo the first pillar is funded!  Common sky whales!

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2013, 03:40:40 am »
20% of the way to AM.. how close can it get? - still seven weeks to go..

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2013, 04:16:04 am »
Guns of boarding here we come