Author Topic: [Holy] The Holy Celestium Order  (Read 28028 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
[Holy] The Holy Celestium Order
« on: January 19, 2014, 12:05:06 am »
Holy Celestium Order: 2.0!

Welcome to the Holy Celestium Order! As of recently we've undergone a pretty major transformation, improving our forums and steam group, as well as setting up a clan Twitch and Youtube channel. Along with these changes are a number of other improvements including weekly clan events and better recruiting policies.

Holy Celestium Order is a friendly clan that's open to just about anyone. What we want are players with a good attitude just looking to have fun, or have a fire in their belly to do well in competitive matches. For our applicants we require at least 100 matches played, and that you don't go inactive for long periods of time without informing anyone. We currently use Teamspeak for most of our clan communications on a day to day basis. If you're interested in joining up, just head to:

HolyCelestium.enjin.com

And fill out the application on the site. Once accepted, we'll get you onto the Teamspeak to hang out with the clan and the steam group for upcoming event updates.

If you want to check us out before applying, that's cool too. We have multiple events each week, in particular we'll run the Holy Skies events on Mondays and Wednesdays at 2 PM and 7 PM EST, and Saturday at 2 PM EST. If there's a good turnout, we'll be streaming these events at
twitch.tv/HolyCelestium

We also have our Other Game Day where our clannies will play something besides GoIO for a bit. That happens every Friday at 7 PM. We'll announce the game here in these forums every Thursday, and if you want to join up just let us know. Those will also be streamed on our twitch.

See you in the skies!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:37:35 pm by Thomas »

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: [Holy] The Holy Celestium Order
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 07:54:57 am »
That's a lot of work to create a themed clan :)

I feel like Thralls need to shape up and get some background :p

Sounds awesome, if you need help getting into competitive play and so on every team is willing to lend you substitutes if you need to get your players going.
also the amount of players you can find over the forum is limited to very few per month due to the many clans that recruits players, you might have more success to kickstart your clan by finding players ingame.
a few tips.
and for everyone reading this thinking of joining. -this clan is a good way to find players who enjoy goio + Thomas says he wants to get on the competitive scene, most other clans cant secure you a competitive spot from the get go.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:59:52 pm »
Thank you for the support. =D

I know some of the bigger clans tend to have scores of players trying to get in on the competitive scene, but of course there's a limited number of slots. I'd be happy to let anyone who'd like to participate join up with us when slots are available, (although it goes without saying that those in the clan are first pick).

Currently the Clan is pretty bare, but I plan to have it grow as we get more members. Logo and steam group are coming up shortly, and we'll likely follow that with a voice chat system and website as we get more members.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 05:45:08 pm »
Looks like you guys are going to be ready for Adventure Mode. You folks have a home port or territory in mind?

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 06:20:01 pm »
I like this idea - best of luck. Although I do wonder about "Celestium". ^^

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 06:25:48 pm »
It actually has more to do with 'Celestial' or heavens as opposed to 'Celestia' the pony. I realize it's mostly my user picture adding to this confusion and will change it. xD

Interestingly it slipped my mind during the creation of the name, although there is a distinct lack of pony related material anywhere relating to the clan.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 11:02:22 pm »
If you come up with something relating to trade or mercantilism I would be willing to make it the patron saint for the Gents.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 11:05:43 pm »
"Mendal- The god of the coin. He is a deity that represents wealth and trade, and is quite popular in this day and age. Many a trader carry talismans or trinkets offering worship to him, in the hopes that they might continue making money. It is said that those who openly scorn or mock him will become penniless, for he is a shallow god. Although such people may go broke because it is said the god will also punish those who trade with them.."

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3274.0.html

Although I did write these up in a fairly rapid manner, so I do encourage others to make up something more fitting. xD

Offline Heldigris

• Salutes: 6
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 11:03:56 am »
oi there captain! im a local engineer who is looking for a ship to rebuil... erm i mean repair. For long i have traveled without any proper crew jumping from ship to ship hoping that Melkoth would guide me to a ship that has a crew who is willing to fly into the battle of fury without regrets and get the other ship before they get us.

my timezone is GMT +1 (CET +1)

im currently a student studing for a computer engineer degree
im 21 years old and have a mic.

i have played EVE for some years so getting orders and doing them without asking comes natural.

i saw this Clan post and thought that this must be the perfect clan for me.

i would love to be in your clan and have some fun while flying "maybe even abit competitive."

i love GOI and been playing it more or less everyday. im not the best engineer out there but im good at following orders and hope to be able to go further with a clan to help me progress and make friendships

that's a quick bit about me if you would like to know more or see how i fly dont hesitate to contact me in game or through steam.

ingame: heldigris
steam: heldigris

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 11:12:50 am »
Hey ya Heldigris, looking forward to flying with you. Skill level isn't as important as the ability to get along and have some fun, and you seem like a stand up guy. Good communication is always a plus too.

I'm 'Kajirou (Thomas)' on steam and just Thomas in game.

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 03:26:43 pm »
It actually has more to do with 'Celestial' or heavens as opposed to 'Celestia' the pony. I realize it's mostly my user picture adding to this confusion and will change it. xD

Interestingly it slipped my mind during the creation of the name, although there is a distinct lack of pony related material anywhere relating to the clan.
I am not actually familiar enough with MLP to notice that.. I just personally find the "ium" ending a little odd. I prefer "ial" or "ine" but it's not my tastes that matter. ^^

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 03:56:20 pm »
Someone mentioned something about it before, but maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me. xD

I wanted something relating to Celestial, but not exactly that. More of a name that has roots in celestial. As just calling it the Holy Order sounded a little dry.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 04:24:44 am »
If it had been Holy Order Evangelium the abbreviation would have prob stirred things up a bit.

Anyway.. Best of luck with the clan :)

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 07:48:17 pm »

http://holycelestium.enjin.com

Hazzah~ I new milestone has been reached!

The Holy Celestium Order [Holy] now has a logo, a website, a TS3 server, and our first member! Give Heldigris a warm welcome, he's a great guy to fly with.

We're looking forward to growing as a clan and thanks to everyone for their support.

In other news, if there are any happily taken players from other clans that are looking for competitive play, we'd be happy to fly with you (or have you fly with us) during competitions or just practice. I'm available here on the forums and in game most of the time, just send me a message~

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 07:35:14 am »
Sorry to spam again to bump this but i can't help thinking of this weapon when i saw the clan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dKnnUcNrwU

:D

Also it might be your "thing" to say at the end of matches?  :D