Author Topic: New Game Mode: deathmatch with alternating ships on respawn  (Read 9964 times)

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
New Game Mode: deathmatch with alternating ships on respawn
« on: November 14, 2013, 02:44:13 am »

A deathmatch where each captain picks two ship loadouts, the first ship is the starting ship and after dying you respawn onto your alternate ship.  You cannot pick two of the same ship e.g. Pyramidion for both starting and alternate ship.

So each of your ships should compliment ALL of your teammates ships.

In a quick 2v2 scenario say your start off with a Mobula and a Junker and your opponent is Galleon and Spire.  You rush in and focus on the Spire.  You take it down and start to pick on the Galleon.  You may think you will be off to a 2/0 lead when OMG a Pyramidion appears out of nowhere and rams your Mobula to death from behind.  Here your opponents start off with a Galleon/Spire sniping strategy which failed, their alternate ship was built for speed though to rush in and try to recover in case the first encounter was lost.

Thoughts?

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
Re: New Game Mode: deathmatch with alternating ships on respawn
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:42:48 pm »
I'm actually a fan of this idea i'm just not sure how much coding it would take :P

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 03:45:34 pm »
Yeah this is a really cool idea ram, like a round robin death match could be very intresting to play :D,  you could go one further and say 2 of your loadout and the 3rd a random build :D

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:40:12 pm »
Galleon, I choose you! Use Double Hwacha disable! [It is super effective!] Squid is confused.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 06:01:42 pm »
Recall Squid.*Turns cap backwards* MOBULA I CHOOSE YOU

*awesome sound effect*

Mobula used splash.....

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 07:07:38 pm »
What's this? Mobula is evolving! Mobula evolved into.... squid?

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 07:53:54 pm »
I would rather let the captain choose what ship they are going to spawn with next life mid game. New captains make dreadful ship/loadout decisions. Forcing them and their crew to live with their tactical stupidity for an entire match seems a little cruel. Also there are those times where a sniper team and a brawler team are in a stand off where neither side wishes to engage on their opponent's terms. Being able to switch strategy mid game would be nice.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 05:29:10 pm »

Squid used Quick attack,

I would rather let the captain choose what ship they are going to spawn with next life mid game. New captains make dreadful ship/loadout decisions. Forcing them and their crew to live with their tactical stupidity for an entire match seems a little cruel. Also there are those times where a sniper team and a brawler team are in a stand off where neither side wishes to engage on their opponent's terms. Being able to switch strategy mid game would be nice.

This is very true, but to change mid game i think you would have to die to change ships by the idea i think,

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 07:37:09 am »

Squid used Quick attack,

... it's not very effective.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 03:23:18 pm »
Should have invested more in flame attacks.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 03:25:32 am »
Galleon, I choose you! Use Double Hwacha disable! [It is super effective!] Squid is confused.
Recall Squid.*Turns cap backwards* MOBULA I CHOOSE YOU

*awesome sound effect*

Mobula used splash.....
Squid used Quick attack,
... it's not very effective.

So, I made a Pokemon of Icarus thread??  I didn't mean to but if that's what the people want...

I'm actually a fan of this idea i'm just not sure how much coding it would take :P

well maybe a bit of coding, I would think it would be implemented for a 2v2 with all 8 ships loaded into the world (1 less than a 3v3), then when the ship dies, the crew spawn onto the second ship.

This is very true, but to change mid game i think you would have to die to change ships by the idea i think,

but if you chose the wrong ship, your death is imminent anyway :).  Also I don't think you should have infinite options available, just maybe a backup plan :D