Author Topic: Unlocking ships and the fixed load outs  (Read 16392 times)

Offline Harry Carry

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Unlocking ships and the fixed load outs
« on: October 22, 2013, 03:54:43 pm »
So this gets asked a million times but I must not be running the right searches. I know it has to do with my level but at one point I went into a game with pilots the same level as myself running junkers and the like, so is there something else I need to do?

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Unlocking ships and the fixed load outs
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 03:56:30 pm »
Hey Harry... The locked loadouts, and ships are only in Beginner matches. once you venture out of those, you will be able to fly other ships :)

Offline Harry Carry

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 03:58:55 pm »
Ah ok thanks. Kind of a dur moment

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 04:00:08 pm »
no worries... you should see some of the very first posts I ever made when I joined this community :P

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 04:04:38 pm »
Hi Harry! How's it going?

I get this question all the time whenever I hop down in the beginner's matches to help out. The problem is the beginner's matches are for 1-3 level players only, and they kinda lock the ship choices and gun load outs to 6 very good solid choices, just so that completely new players don't shoot themselves in the foot by bringing a combination that is horribly underpowered and thus they might get discouraged with the game.

There is no way to pick other ships in the beginner's matches, but if you're ready to get into some of the more competitive matches, you want to select "No" for the "Novice" option at the bottom of the Match selection page. You'll see something that looks like this:

Change that to "No" and you're good to go!

That being said, make sure you study up as much as you can in the Novice matches. It's a very low-stress environment to learn all the basics, and when you think you're ready for higher competition you can venture forth into the great unknown. Just beware, there be dragons out there!

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 08:34:21 pm »
Additional note. YOu can also get into a lobby with all the ships unlocked if it's not a beginner lobby but you can't really choose if only low lever players come in or not. However there is always times when that does happen.

You can also try other ships out beforetaking them into combat if you go into sandbox mode. If you ask in Global chat i know there are many players to include myself who are more then willing to lend a hand to a newbie :)