Author Topic: Match sorting options and info.  (Read 4308 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Match sorting options and info.
« on: October 16, 2013, 06:14:46 pm »
Matches are sorted by number of players and you can see the game type and map. Some more sorting/info options would be helpful to see without having to join a match.

1. Sort by average player level. Allows you to locate matches more likely suited to your skill level.

2. Red/Blue team average player level, as well as team player count. See stacked games at a glance. Sort by most/least evenly matched teams?

3. Highlight or sort by matches that contain friends. Maybe hovering pops up a list of which ones? Similar option for blocked players?

4. Ship types. Really feel like crewing a Galleon or Squid? Tired of Goldfish? Turn this option on to see icons of all ships in the matches, colored per team.

5. Confirmed microphones (would, of course, require a mic confirmation feature).

A lot of time is spent 'peeking' into matches to find much of the above information. The end goal of such features would be to facilitate much quicker match making with fewer two-second joinquits.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Match sorting options and info.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 10:38:02 am »
3. Highlight or sort by matches that contain friends. Maybe hovering pops up a list of which ones? Similar option for blocked players?

Good suggestions in my opinion, but I probably wouldn't use it much.

Suggestion for number 3 though, possibly just make the text for the match green if there's a friend in it?

Offline geggis

• Salutes: 12
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 05:33:51 am »
Sorry Richard, I saw this post some time ago but forgot to comment! (Saw it linked in the Team Stacking thread.) I think this is a great idea and a much better way of making sure people are joining the right sorts of games without forcing anything (not to mention, filters/arrange bys are always handy). I really hate joining games just to see what's going on in them only to hop back out again. I think this would go some way in alleviating that.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:25:53 am »
Maybe just a difficulty meter indicating green (1-5), yellow (5-10) and red (10-15) for avg level in match? then no need to sort, just get the right colour and hope it doesn't change much from it before match starts?

I'd prefer a confirmation box, like an "are you sure?" thing. That way i could go into the match lobby and still have a chance to see and decide if i want to join that match or not. Take my peek without having affect on game before being sure about joining or not. Would mean shiptypes, builds etc could be checked before going ingame if it was running already, too.

friend colour for matchlist sounds good.

for mic it could just be a X on speaker beside player name, if voice disabled ingame?

I'd want to see a connectivity indicator. Ping bar/number/health. For match only or even clientbased.