Author Topic: Character Customization  (Read 5819 times)

Offline Silas Knight

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
    • best
Character Customization
« on: August 20, 2013, 07:56:57 pm »
I feel that what we have as characters are very bland and could use some sprucing up.  Yes of course there are costumes and scars and color of hair/eyes, but there could be more!

Rucksacks
An additional costume.  Could range from a scruffy looking potato sack on the character's back to a leather backpack.  You could choose if you want it open or closed and the size of the pack.  What would be inside it would be random gears, pipes, metal, bullets and other purely cosmetic things.

Tattoos
What kind of a good sky pirate doesn't have tats?  I was thinking that they'd be located on the usual places, hands, neck, arms and face.  Also war paint, like red stripes on the cheeks.

Shoes/Boots
We could toss in some nice looking spats or heavy, steampunk, cog embroidered boots.  I'd love to see this style or this style on a character rather than just the regular 'ol galoshes.

Gloves
Fingerless, leather, silk, you name it.

That's all I can think of.  If you have some suggestions for character customization, dump them here.  If this becomes a popular thread, I'll add in some more features if I can think of them.

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Character Customization
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:16:45 pm »
I'll start by saying that I'm always a huge fan of character customization- I love it, and a good character creator will get me to play a game I otherwise would never touch.

However, I will caution against too much minute customization in this particular game. Adventure mode might be a different story, but right now we don't really have a lot of time to spend admiring each other's shoes and gloves. I think what we have- a main costume slot, a hat slot and a 'face' slot works well. I'd certainly love to see more options for each of those, but beyond that it just gets a little too much.

I do think a 'backpack' slot might be interesting, though.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
Re: Character Customization
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 08:47:30 pm »
TBH before requesting additional features I'd prefer if clipping on costume items could be fixed.