Author Topic: Gunner in Search of a Crew  (Read 6222 times)

Offline JPMRocks

• Salutes: 2
    • [99%]
    • View Profile
Gunner in Search of a Crew
« on: August 12, 2013, 12:49:09 am »
Hello, Guns of Icarus. I am a new man to this land, but I have found my calling, gunner. I may be new to the game, but my skills as gunner are quite good, if I may brag. I wish to seek a crew willing to take me (and my ship, which is built around my combat style) under their wing. If you have any quests, or request me to do a little dance, I will be more than happy to comply! Thank you!
~JPM, Crocodile of the Skies

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: Gunner in Search of a Crew
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 06:10:54 am »
I don't think many Captains will require you to dance.. but they'll probably expect you to fly their ship, rather than them fly yours - but you can always make requests for loadout selection.  For a variety of tactical reasons, a good Captain will almost always want to pilot from the Captain's slot - the most important reason being that Captain's slot has access to the Captain's chat channel for coordinating the team.

I may have misinterpreted you, but just letting you know the possible reasons that you might find yourself struggling to get a good Pilot if you're a Gunner in the Captain's slot.

What's the ship set-up you've developed for your style?

Offline JPMRocks

• Salutes: 2
    • [99%]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 05:17:05 pm »
I'll add this to main post if I can...
My ship is a Spire with a Banshee Light Rocket Carousel and a Whirlwind Light Gatling Gun on the upper deck; The lower deck has a Harpoon Gun and a Chimera, used to latch onto an opponent, and blast them to kingdom come. I've also found out my decent at piloting, so I can pilot the ship if needed.

Offline Andrewki

• Salutes: 1
    • [TAW]
    • View Profile
    • TAW.net
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 06:35:15 am »
[TAW] The Art of Warfare would be more than happy to have you in our ranks JPMRocks.

If you are interested, have a look at this thread of ours about us: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1309.0.html

If this interests you, follow the steps on that thread for joining, or feel free to add me on Steam (-TAW- Andrewki) and I'll run you through everything :)

Hope to see you there soon,
Andrewki