Author Topic: Different (Regular) Name and Message Coloring  (Read 4465 times)

Offline Asytile

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Different (Regular) Name and Message Coloring
« on: May 19, 2013, 03:17:51 pm »
Hi there!
My name is Sigmund, but you may call me Asytile. I play as an Engineer - but that is quite irrelevant for this suggestion.
I don't know if this suggestion already has been made - I did a few quick searches, but didn't found too much of relevance. If it has already been made, then I apologize for posting yet another thread.

After a few weeks of playing the game - (and I am totally hooked!) - I have experienced that I usually have a hard time keeping up with the chat in the Lobby. Everything is the same color! It's a bit hard to differentiate Team and Crew chats from Regional, but my main issue is that every name is white.

Due to every name being white (unless CA / Dev or Friend/Blocked), it is hard to quick-read through the messages, as you don't always know if the name is part of the message or vice versa.

I was thinking adding more of a grey shade to it would potentially help, and you'd yet easily see the different chat colors. Any color is good, just not white, though!
I created an 'awesome' Photoshop-edit of the above chat with my suggestion added in. I wouldn't rely on my photoshop skills in many cases, but it works.

In my opinion, this is way easier to read already. You can easily see where the message STARTS, and then it's also easier to see WHAT type of chat it is (Regional, Crew, Team, PM).

Comments? Feedback? Anything else? I'm open to anything!

NOTE: The picture in this post was randomly taken from a regular dialog. No one was attempted insulted in the capturing of this screenshot.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:25:10 pm by Asytile »

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
Re: Different (Regular) Name and Message Coloring
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 03:40:15 pm »
The chat is currently being reworked, but I don't know if they've thought about this. Simple, but makes it even less cluttery. I like it.

Offline Asytile

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 06:16:47 pm »
Ah, I didn't know. Not sure where to look for planned changes, changelogs and so on! :P
I hope the reworking fixes the reading-issue then!

Thanks for feedback.

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 07:29:29 am »
They haven't given any specifics on what the changes will be like officially, most of it has just been passed by word of mouth. Regardless, I do like that idea. I wasn't sure what you were getting at until seeing the image and it does look easier to read through than how it currently is.

Offline Asytile

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:31:14 am »
Yeah, I had a look around the forum and couldn't really find anywhere stating the planned changes, so the word of mouth sounds realistic.

I didn't know exactly how to describe it in words, so I'm glad the picture cleared things up.
Thank you for the feedback!