Author Topic: pyramidions, pyramidions everywhere  (Read 67797 times)

Offline NikolaiLev

• Salutes: 4
    • [Fur]
    • View Profile
Re: pyramidions, pyramidions everywhere
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 09:04:19 pm »
The Pyramidion used to be an excellent, all-rounder fighter type ship.  Since its turn rate was made horrible, it's become much more balanced.  But yes, it's still an all-rounder.  It has drawbacks now.

I'd personally like to see a hull nerf; it definitely needs its current armor.  But otherwise, as others have explained, it's not overpowered.  It's just common.

Nerfing the turn speed a little and buffing its engine power would further specialize it as a ramming ship, but beyond that, any adjustments seem unnecessary.  Just let it sit, there are better ways to change the metagame than nerfs and buffs, in this case.

Offline Mr. Mask

• Salutes: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »
I welcome it, because i can easily outmanouver them in my spire.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 10:20:44 pm »

If the other team has any idea what they're doing, they'll kill your Spire before you have a chance to even think about manoeuvring.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 10:24:33 pm »

If the other team has any idea what they're doing, they'll kill your Spire before you have a chance to even think about manoeuvring.

If the spire knows what they're doing, they can kill the Pyramid before the Pyramid has a chance to know what they're doing.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 10:29:00 pm »

If the spire knows what they're doing, they can kill the Pyramid before the Pyramid has a chance to know what they're doing.

Grab a Spire, and I'll grab a Pyra. We all know that you're a better captain. I bet I'll win the engagement.

Offline Letus

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 10:40:02 pm »

Grab a Spire, and I'll grab a Pyra. We all know that you're a better captain. I bet I'll win the engagement.

I never knew you thought of me like that!  So, when's our wedding date...and were is the ring o//o?

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 10:53:25 pm »

I never knew you thought of me like that!  So, when's our wedding date...and were is the ring o//o?

Whoa, slow down, I still haven't asked for permission from your parents.

Offline Letus

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 11:00:02 pm »

Whoa, slow down, I still haven't asked for permission from your parents.

We don't need to!  Vegas is cheap this time of year!

Offline NikolaiLev

• Salutes: 4
    • [Fur]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 12:19:57 am »
You two are just adorable.

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 03:51:01 am »
Just because this thread is about Pyramidions doesn't mean we need a quote pyramid.

I'd say that keeping the claw on is pretty easy.  1 tap on the maneuvering engines with a mallet fully repairs.  The Pyramidion seems like the Mario of the playable ship spread--it's the baseline to judge other ships against.  I honestly think the Pyramidion itself, as a ship, is right where it should be to be fair but also tolerable for the crew onboard.  The issues, which are generally small, lie with balancing the weapons and other ships against it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:52:45 am by Machiavelliest »

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 11:24:26 am »
I know I might have some bias, since I mostly pilot Pyramidions (ever since heavy Flak nerf made Golfishes pretty boring with only 2 viable weapons), but I think prya is just fine where it is (BTW is has as much perma hull as Squid does) as of 1.2. Since it is a close range ship, any reduction of hull, maneuverability and speed would be a crippling nerf. Junker can outturn Pyra, and if it posittions correctly easily outgun (othervise it's just barely) - on short to medium distances junker can even outrun Pyra (pyra has one of the poorest accelerations now- i think second worse only to galleon).

Offline Sonoskay

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 09:55:49 pm »
Its just the standard it seems.I like Junkers and goldfishes better. and usualy do very well against Pyras...  though seeing one Every match is a little borring...

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 11:25:16 pm »
Take a galleon out for a spin and you'll see pyras drop like the Hindenberg.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 01:40:06 pm »
Take a galleon out for a spin and you'll see pyras drop like the Hindenberg.

That only works if the galleon's gunners can shoot strait. The pyramidion's guns are far more forgiving of bad gunnery, and the ability to control distance while attacking puts it ahead of the junker and galleon in my book. Regardless of the ships strengths and weaknesses it is the skill of the crew and captain that determine victory.

Offline kpenguin

• Salutes: 5
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 03:02:58 pm »
The counter to metamidions is stealthgalleons, as Hamster and I found out last night ;)