Author Topic: Shooting down the Galleon  (Read 16041 times)

Offline LazerusKI

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting down the Galleon
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 06:01:50 pm »
ok, we know why^^
our gatling gunner and our fourth player (normally engineer or pilot) told me, that they cant hit with the flak.
now that we have our old setup with me on the flak and the regular gatling gunner (yes we run pyra with two gunner, most of the time without problems), it works again.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 12:18:46 pm »
The Artemis does negligible damage to the hull armor, and one Mercury with charged rounds damages armor only slightly faster than a mallet can repair it. If you want to go for a sniper build you should put two mercury's pointing in the same direction and have two crew members bring charged rounds. Then you can bring down the armor fast enough to possibly land a shot on the permahull. It is a long process since the Mercury is fairly weak against permahull, but it will go faster than merc/artimis. Plus with the enemy's permahull stripped most of the time your ally ship can walk in and deliver the Coup de Grace.

That has allways been more of a dissabling build. Artemis just gives you ability for component dissable at short to medium range here Merc is out of it's comfort zone. It's also a build that is meant against speciffic ships and tactics. Merc artemis was never meant as a build that was supposed to be go all build. It's supposed to lockdown heavy gunns of Goldfish, Spire and Galleon. Expecialy when you want to take a double pyra against crap like quad Manticore galleon with gatlings - one pyra dissables manticores from safe distance and the other one rushes in safely. Artemmis is also much metter agains permahull than merc itself. On 2 pyras you can have a merc and a gatling to take out armor, and artemis anf flak/scyla against hull.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 12:38:25 pm »
I had some trouble taking down Captain Smollett's galleon on Refinery two nights ago. I had a good 8 seconds of uninterrupted trifecta (flack/gat/banshee) on him and I barely scratched his paint. I suspect a single gat is ineffective against a buffed hull backed up by a good engineer. I am working on double gat builds now to see if it has better luck. The wild card is still the skill of the enemy crew and captain.

As for merc/artimis I still don't think they complement each other very well. If you wanted to be a gun breaking Pyramidion I would take double Artemis front and some proper kill ware on the side. You could support your teammate from optimal Artemis range and if things get to close range you could turn the side guns on the target. Also the wide lateral firing arc of the Artemis  means you could get in some awesome trifecta (quadfecta?) action.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 12:45:42 pm »
I'm invincible!

Actually the Galleon has just enough armor that even unbuffed you can't break it with one clip of the chain gun. That's one of the reasons they're so tanky.  A little bit of focus fire from the teammate though changes everything.