Author Topic: Possibilities of Steam Workshop support  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Hawf

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Possibilities of Steam Workshop support
« on: May 17, 2013, 01:21:41 am »
Now one thing that has significantly stirred up a games life span is a well established in-game economy, with the ability to buy and win clothing via prizes from ranking up already in the game it'd be great to capitalize on this.

With Valves own TF2 and Dota 2 allowing community artists to jump in and drive content creation it'd be very cool to see Guns of Icarus become the first none Valve game to allow player made content added to the game, after playing the game for a while this is certainly one game I'd love to develop items for.

The opportunity given to modders has certainly made community involvement with those games increase significantly and has paid off for both valve and the community.

given the right tools and resources the player economy could really pick up if trading were properly implemented later down the development cycle.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Possibilities of Steam Workshop support
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 04:27:38 pm »
it'd be very cool to see Guns of Icarus become the first none Valve game to allow player made content added to the game

More like the 25th (Civ V, Skyrim, Gmod, etc), but no matter.

I believe Muse has expressed interest in doing so in the future, but that was quite a while ago. I'm not sure if they'd be able to implement something like that with all the work they need to put into Adventure Mode.

But who knows, maybe it'll happen one day.

Offline Hawf

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Possibilities of Steam Workshop support
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 11:14:34 pm »
it'd be very cool to see Guns of Icarus become the first none Valve game to allow player made content added to the game

More like the 25th (Civ V, Skyrim, Gmod, etc), but no matter.

I believe Muse has expressed interest in doing so in the future, but that was quite a while ago. I'm not sure if they'd be able to implement something like that with all the work they need to put into Adventure Mode.

But who knows, maybe it'll happen one day.

I meant next to Dota and Team Fortress in a way which modders drive the in-game economy by adding items to the games store or something like that
but if there was already expressed interest in that kind of sense then I'll be here waitng