Author Topic: Anti-fire - abuse, game design or clever use of game mechanic?  (Read 4440 times)

Offline RoaRawR

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
hit the burning object with a spanner for short 4 sec cd-->fire extinguisher spam it while cd on target----> no cd penalty and spamming it make fire pointless and after cd hit it with the mallet like nothing happen in the first place (I am not even scared of flamethrowers that feels like a irony) or if you don't use a spanner or mallet you get a 10 sec useless cd that make it so you can't repair

"but you did keep the engineer bussy! that the point with the fire"

*you could instead bring something that did damage ?
*you need serious stack that most other gun's could just done straight away
*i wasted mostly 1 sec vs the enemy wasted a cannon barrage

"but you make the engineer waste a slot so he can't weild the upgrade"

*true because it is only way to make it stop burning and it is critical that not the hull get destroyed and some degree the baloon
*forced to waste 1 slot on them just because of this but second engineer can freely use a upgrade or chem spray

same with chem spray (except the chem spray can bug up from time to time and need to switch weapon to make it fire again) but give you the option to walk away for couple of secs and not take whole stack (but who cares? you can spam it rapid on the burning part and not let new fire ignite the part)

if this is intended it feels weird design idea but I heard that flames where ridicelous powerfull before so could make sense for that time but I don't know

but can be us, right now we even dropped a pilot for the galeon and run 4 engineers/3engineers+1 gunner (we rotate the pilot seat with what skill we need)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: Anti-fire - abuse, game design or clever use of game mechanic?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 06:25:20 pm »
We try to tell the new engineers to whack before you spray. The mechanic does punish new players who haven't read the manual, but there are plenty of other punishments in this game that wait for people who don't read the manual.