Author Topic: Ship Loadouts  (Read 6130 times)

Offline Seishin Ryu

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Ship Loadouts
« on: May 14, 2013, 11:29:19 pm »
Hello I just have a small suggestion that I feel would make the game move a little smoother in between matches and just add another feature to the game that just makes sense, or at least it does to me and other people that I have talked to.

I think the game should have a loadout feature for ships that you can swap between in the ship customization window and save, I figure 4 for each ship would be acceptable to everyone. The reason I suggest this is because I constantly switch guns on ships and it gets bothersome to do so and at times the lobby loads into a game before I can even get all my guns set up so then I have a bunch of mixed guns that might not work together as well as one would like.  An example would be when I run with the Pyramidion and I have a general medium range setup but sometimes when I enter a lobby and see the enemy team has 2 Galleons with 4 Manticores on each one I like to switch to having Mercury Field Rifles as my front guns and play a safer game from a range.

My suggestion isn't anything super big, it's just a suggestion for an ease-of-use feature to the game.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and hope that everyone at Muse is enjoying themselves and gives themselves a pat on the back for creating such a unique and fun game.

-Seishin

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Loadouts
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 11:33:09 pm »
Strongly agreed on this. It'd make things so much easier.

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 11:36:21 pm »
I don't have much need for this yet since I don't know a ton about the game and keep my ships on the same loadout for the most part right now, but I can definitely see the advantages. +1 to the idea :D

Offline Seishin Ryu

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 03:00:52 am »
I also think that this concept would do well for the role tab as well. For example if I was playing the role of main Engineer (Mallet, Spanner, Extinguisher) and wanted to play support Engineer (Wrench, Buff Tool, Chemical Spray) I could do so at the click of a button. This is also extremely helpful to gunners that hop around to different ships often. They could simply have loadouts for lets say a Galleon with Manticores to my example earlier of a Pyramidion with Mercury Field Rifles. Once again all for the convenience of the player and leading to a better game experience.

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 12:32:08 pm »
Yeah I've thought this would be a good idea for a while...
But how about instead of each ship has several loadouts, you have just a selection of loadouts that you can add to and delete from, and each loadout has a ship assigned to it however you choose. The current default loadouts (one for each ship) would be there by default, but if you could change or delete them as needed. That way, if you really wanted 10 different galleon loadouts and no other ships, you could.

Offline Nadrynne

• Salutes: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 09:49:07 pm »
It could just be a row of buttons at the bottom of the ship screen (A, B, C, D). So you'd just click them to switch to a different set up.