Author Topic: Ship Flags + Kill Notifications!  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Norgman G

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Ship Flags + Kill Notifications!
« on: May 15, 2013, 08:00:50 am »
Hey, been playing this game pretty regularly since I got it the other day and backed the kick starter, and I have to say its pretty great. One of my favorite games of recent memory.

One thing I noticed though was how wimpy the scoreboard is for kills. I love that it shows that "(this whole ship) has destroyed (that whole ship)" but to put a cheer inducing event like a ship kill in the same place you're destroying engines seems a bit...well it just doesn't feel like it carries the weight of the moment.

I was thinking that it would be cool to have larger (but unobtrusive) text appear to mark the occasion, think like how league of legends handles their kills or how tf2 does it for an example. In the vein of league, though, it brings me to my next suggestion....

Ship based flag pictures!
They could be custom (ie black ops) or simply represent an adventure made faction or come from a preset library (that you buy/unlock from) but I think it would provide another level of depth to the feeling of unity with your ship-mates that this game brings.

May post mockups later!
Thanks for reading!