Author Topic: Galleon [Interior design]  (Read 21243 times)

Offline teweedo

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
Galleon [Interior design]
« on: May 14, 2013, 09:55:38 am »
Hello guys,

First off, thank you Muse, once again, for the redesign on the carronade effects. I know you don't have time to answer all topics but it's very appearent you read them and takes well care of your community. I also know you are focusing on the adventure mode which is an awesome thing.

However, I always felt sad we had an awesome part of the Galleon which is not used. It is a fairly big ship and we have ladders, close to the rear gun, leading up to a floor.

I would absolutely love if there was something up there. For example, here is how I see it :

It would be awesome to have a 'door' right there, so we can get inside of this nice little room. And it could even become some sleeping quarters with hamacs inside, just like that :

Of course, this is only an example, it could be anything else or perhaps simply put a desk, chairs, or some boxes inside. I just always felt a bit frustrated not being able to access this part of the ship.

Any other thoughts from the community about it?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:57:47 am by teweedo »

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Galleon [Interior design]
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 09:56:42 am »
I've personally always wondered why they haven't put the balloon component up there

Offline teweedo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:59:28 am »
Yeah that's an interesting question.

I guess it was for gameplay purpose, it's good to have the balloon component easily available to the captain and crew so perhaps putting it up there would have been a weakness.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 12:30:58 pm »
The Galleon balloon component used to be up that ladder (but not in that room). It was way too difficult and time-consuming to reach in battle, so it was moved down to the helm deck.

If you'll look, most of the ships actually have some little sealed-off compartments and inaccessible areas. The cargo/supplies/crew quarters/head have got to be somewhere, right?

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 12:40:59 pm »
Ah interesting... thanks for the Clarafication :P (I dont think that'll ever get old for me :)))

Offline teweedo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 05:08:43 pm »
The Galleon balloon component used to be up that ladder (but not in that room). It was way too difficult and time-consuming to reach in battle, so it was moved down to the helm deck.

I see. Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer us.

If you'll look, most of the ships actually have some little sealed-off compartments and inaccessible areas. The cargo/supplies/crew quarters/head have got to be somewhere, right?

Right! And this is exactly why I'd love to access those parts. :D

Well, I understand this might be a lot of work for such aesthetic request, I just feel a bit frustrated not being able to fully explore those wonderful ships.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 07:11:27 pm »
I've always wanted to sneak into that hole and take a nap when I play Galleon.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 09:32:01 pm »
To add more to to it, Lenz originally had barrels and barrels stored away up there... Until we realized it was actually effecting performance..  With that said we did design some of these ships with some person sized compartments just incase... And I'll leave it at that

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:25 pm »
Barrels and barrels, eh?  8)

Offline teweedo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 07:13:58 am »
To add more to to it, Lenz originally had barrels and barrels stored away up there... Until we realized it was actually effecting performance..  With that said we did design some of these ships with some person sized compartments just incase... And I'll leave it at that

aaah, thanks!

Dammit I want moar now haha, well it's understandable you want to keep features like that at a minimum so it doesn't effect performance.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 08:45:34 am »
well we're constantly optimizing the game the best we can, and learning tricks to minimize how much of a hit performance takes. To be honest, we took the barrels out as a quick fix when we realized it was an issue, and you made me realize that with all the stuff we know now we could probably stick them back in, or other things if we decide.

pretty much at the end of the day the more ways we figure out how to optimize stuff with out losing anything noticeable, the more features we can add to ships/guns/environment which is ultimately our goal.

Offline teweedo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 08:59:06 am »
well we're constantly optimizing the game the best we can, and learning tricks to minimize how much of a hit performance takes. To be honest, we took the barrels out as a quick fix when we realized it was an issue, and you made me realize that with all the stuff we know now we could probably stick them back in, or other things if we decide.

pretty much at the end of the day the more ways we figure out how to optimize stuff with out losing anything noticeable, the more features we can add to ships/guns/environment which is ultimately our goal.

Yeah I see. It's great to know you guys are constantly optimizing the game any way you can and as long as it doesn't effect the game performance it's obvious we love to see new features for the ships.

The barrels are a great idea because it makes sense to have them there but I wouldn't mind a simple door where we can go inside even if it's empty or with a few barrels :P

Keep up the great work regardless!

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 09:16:36 am »
ha, thanks :P and i'll pass it on to lenz who designed the ship (and was actually kinda down from what i remember when we took the barrels out )

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 09:38:54 am »

it is reachable ;) you just gotta find the right route.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 09:48:47 am »

it is reachable ;) you just gotta find the right route.

you know. . i didn't even realize you could get inside there. . . . outside of random glitches. . . and i'd ask how but i have access to the collision meshes so i can sorta figure it out eventually :P