Author Topic: Crew-only voice chat in pre-game lobby  (Read 7119 times)

Offline Audie Murphy

• Salutes: 5
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Crew-only voice chat in pre-game lobby
« on: May 13, 2013, 09:38:38 pm »
Can we have this feature, please? It would be incredibly useful for captains to give their crew a quick introduction to the ship of choice so that the crew has a chance to modify their kits. It would promote communication, preparation, and teamwork.

I'm a new player, but I've had plenty of games where I was like, "Oh, you have THIS gun? I really wish I had THAT other ammo kit..."

And it's important that it's at least team-only, if not crew-only chat, because you can't have the other team hearing you say, "ok guys this is my ship's loadout, strategy, etc...."

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Crew-only voice chat in pre-game lobby
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 09:53:32 pm »
Hey Audie... there is a crew chat already in play (the "L" key) but if you want to know your ships (or any other ships) loadout, you can always just click on the ships name, and that will show you what the captain is running with

~Shink

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:36:01 pm »
With the massive influx it is getting hard to see crew messages among the regional chat scroll. Perhaps some highlighting would be helpful. I have taken to giving crew instructions in lobby chat just to be sure.

Offline Dragmyre

• Salutes: 8
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 10:41:49 pm »
Perhaps a filtering system on the chat, as in selecting which messages to view.  Such as, only view team & Crew, but not Regional.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 11:12:25 pm »
Yes I agree with those... I think someone else may have put in a pic with the ability to switch between crew team and regional... I like that a lot

Offline Audie Murphy

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 01:22:21 am »
Well, I'm speaking specifically of voice chat. I know you can type to your crew in the lobby, but what about voice chatting? If that's a thing that is possible, how do I do it?

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 07:20:36 am »
It isn't currently a feature in the game and not sure if Muse intends to ever do that. I see its benefits (such as people not paying attention when you're just typing) but I think when (if?) we get a chat filter it will be easier nonetheless.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 07:39:39 am »
Hmm separate voice channels could put more strain on the servers. Besides that, I'd say it's a good, reasonable idea.

Offline Audie Murphy

• [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 11:32:32 am »
Dangit, I would think that a crew-only voice channel in the game lobby would be a given. Or at least a team-only...

I mean...there's lots of tactical decisions that can only be made before the game starts (thinking of loadout choices), and if your ship is the last one to get fully crewed before the game, you won't have that much time before the game starts. It would be SO much nicer to be able to just talk to them.

Typing takes so long and half the time people don't even see it. Yeah, chat filters will help with that but still...nowhere near as effective as voice chat.