Author Topic: Lock Mouse to the Screen  (Read 4826 times)

Offline LazerusKI

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Lock Mouse to the Screen
« on: May 13, 2013, 06:53:26 am »
I have the problem with two monitors.
sometimes if my mouse reaches the corner of my primary monitor while im shooting, the game will minimize and tab to my other screen.
Would be very nice to have the option to lock the mouse to the game-screen.
(if it is there i have not seen it, sry)

Offline RaptorSystems

• Salutes: 6
    • [BFS]
    • View Profile
    • Fab Lab Adelaide
Re: Lock Mouse to the Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:03:43 am »
Seconded.

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:17:11 am »
Happens to me too. A quick fix for you maybe: double tap escape while in game (just opening and closing the menu) and it should keep it from happening until you alt tab. That is, assuming we have the same situation of course

Offline knoxi

• Salutes: 4
    • [DvG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:02:28 am »
Got quite a few friends, as well as myself, having this issue.

It's a fairly big one, as it can quite severely detriment the playability of the game for anyone running more than 1 monitor which will probably be a lot of serious gamers (most of the gaming communities I've run are filled with people using a second monitor for teamspeak etc) who have the potential to bring in more players.

Right now we have people, turning off their computers, unplugging their second monitors, restarting... just to play the game competitively. But that can't last.

I did a little looking around and potentially this issue can be caused by other programs, so if you're running Raptr, XFire etc or anything you don't need, it might be worth closing these to see whether they resolve the issue.

If this doesn't work, someone on the Steam forum wrote a small VB6 app to lock the mouse to the primary monitor. Download and use at your own risk, but it seems to work and contain no malware http://s382701517.online.de/apps/PrimaryLock.zip