Author Topic: Nostalgia  (Read 18893 times)

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Nostalgia
« on: April 14, 2021, 06:09:40 pm »
A recent video gave me nostalgia so I thought I'd come back to the forums to reminisce.

Looking back to the pub games, scrimmages, tournament days. Playing casual and competitive. Writing stupidly long guides/explanations of things.
Wandering the different maps looking for places to race through, gaps barely wide enough to fit through, and places that shouldn't be accessible (looking at you canyon ambush cliffs).
Meeting my future wife, and a group of crazy friends.

Apparently the average player base is a single lobby now. I should hop on sometime and play a few rounds again. For old times sake.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 08:37:25 pm »
You are like the one post per year this forum gets. Hello! Welcome back.

There is a bunch of events happening. While public lobby tends to be minimal, SCS somehow gets 7-10 teams every Sunday, and then there is Crewcible for single person sign-up (+1 friend) both at 19:00 London time (I think, timezones + daylight saving is hard).

But there is even more! Like the occasional Company Clash, some scrims and more events that I think you can even find in game under Community -> Events.

A lot of balance stuff changed too, but Goldfish is ever present. So, I hope you have fun!

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 08:54:25 pm »
You are like the one post per year this forum gets. Hello! Welcome back.

The forums will never die! Also I like to look back at the moment I truly peaked in life - when I posted the ARC theory.

There is a bunch of events happening.

Noted. I make no promises though. I seem to have a habit of showing up for one event then vanishing for a year. I've done it a few times now I think.

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 06:47:16 am »
It honestly blows my mind that, to this day, a large number of my main friend group can trace our meetings back to this game. I still occasionally go back and watch old competitive games (though I must confess I only really watch the ones I participated in haha)

Offline redria

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 07:43:38 pm »
It honestly blows my mind that, to this day, a large number of my main friend group can trace our meetings back to this game. I still occasionally go back and watch old competitive games (though I must confess I only really watch the ones I participated in haha)

Does it count that a large part of my friend group currently originates from my wife that I met in game?