Author Topic: Licensed Music on Ships?  (Read 3576 times)

Offline Fuentex

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Licensed Music on Ships?
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:46:18 am »
To get to the point:

I think the art style of the game would be greatly complimented if it were to use licensed or public domain music from old Phonograph cylinders or somewhere around that era.
I have a playlist I made just to see how it would effect the feel of the game, and it enhanced it quite a bit.
It's not enough to just have a static song playing over the game, though (that's what the original soundtrack is for). The sound should have a source (phonograph on board the ship), creating a dynamic and more realistic sound. The music should be faint in order for it not to be too distracting while playing and it should fade off when you move farther away, etc.

Some of the songs on my list are:
"Come Josephine In My Flying Machine" - Ada Jones, Billy Murray
"When I Was 21 and You Were Sweet 16" - Walter Van Brunt
"My Melancholy Baby" - Walter Van Brunt
"By the Beautiful Sea" - Heidelberg Quintet, Billy Murray
"I'm Starving for One Sight of You" - Frank C. Stanley, Henry Burr

I know this is a strange request, But it's something I would love to see implemented!

Offline RaptorSystems

• Salutes: 6
    • [BFS]
    • View Profile
    • Fab Lab Adelaide
Re: Licensed Music on Ships?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 03:48:51 am »
I understand where you are coming from with this, especially being a swing dancer myself.

However, I think it would be great if the music could be directly linked to say ogg format files so the music can be altered client side if desired. Personally I've been listening to beats antique whilst playing guns of icarus online. :)