Author Topic: How to get your input heard  (Read 19884 times)

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
How to get your input heard
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:33:39 pm »
This is mainly some guidelines so I can see your feedback more readily and the timeframe some of these issues may take to resolve.  However, some of the tips will overlap with things other than balance.

Here is a list of things that could be broken and how quickly it can be fixed.  The longer it take the fix, the earlier we'd like the feedback.  Of course, we'd like all the feedback as early as possible but some things just can't be actionable because it requires a ton of work and there's just not enough time.

- Balance: usually very fast, instantaneous change, but requires testing.  However, some that requires code features will take time.
- Art related: medium to slow, requires artists' time to adjust and even remodel things, rebuilding asset packages
- UI related: fast to medium, small requests can be handled fairly quickly like bugs but huge UI critique can take much longer since we need to blow things up
- Bugs: really depends on the bug, some are quick, some can take a lot of time.

And this is the part where it's more catered to me and balance.  If there's a sticky thread talking about a specific type of balance, please post your ideas in the corresponding sticky threads.  Those are linked to email me when people respond so I can take action very quickly.  There are a lot of posts that talk about several areas of feedback, please try to copy and paste back into the balance threads so I know.

You can always PM me if you start a new thread or have any particular comment.

I'll admit, it's hard to keep track of all the threads.  I want to read all the feedback and you probably want to get it seen too so those are the best ways to get a hold of me.

For detailed submissions that don't require discussion, also feel free to send us an email at feedback@musegames.com directly.  Usually Keyvias will check it out and log it, making sure it gets assigned to the person in charge.

And thank you for everyone taking their time testing in dev app.  We really appreciate it.

Thanks

Eric

PS, feel free to post any questions about the informal process we have or if you want more details about more specific issues and how they are resolved.  We're completely transparent so ask away.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: How to get your input heard
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:35:39 pm »
Could you clarify what submissions "don't require discussion"? I can't think of any.

Offline Schwerbelastung

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:54:39 pm »
Could you clarify what submissions "don't require discussion"? I can't think of any.

Perhaps bugs that can be reproduced and could be used to gain an advantage somehow? Just something that quickly came to my mind.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 03:09:23 pm »
Yeah what Schwerbelastung said.