Author Topic: How to crew: A visual guide for crews and pilots  (Read 15144 times)

Offline Nerdhector

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 3
    • [R&D]
    • View Profile
How to crew: A visual guide for crews and pilots
« on: May 13, 2018, 08:25:56 pm »
If you want to crew efficiently, you need to know how and where to crew. This can be taught or learned by playing endless matches to find the sweet spots. But this is not necessary since most positions are already well defined per ship. This is what I will cover in this guide.

You are a pilot and want to know, why you need to know how and where the crew should position themselves? For once, the position of your crew defines which guns you are able to utilize and whether pull off certain moves. in addition you want your crew to know what they should be doing. And if they don't know it? Then it is your job to explain it to them!

Consequently, this guide is for all classes.

I do not claim that the following crew positions are the only correct way of doing it, but if you don't know what to do, then this is a good starting point. These positions work and probably are the most common way of handling it.

This guide will cover two types of engineers:

The main engineer, usually the most experienced engineer, has to handle most of the components. He should be able to prioritize properly and is vital for the survival of your ship.

The usual toolkit consists of Spanner, Mallet, Fire Extinguisher or Chem-spray.

Main-kit

The secondary engineer is often the less experienced engineer or the better gunner of the two. He usually uses the second gun and will have less components to fix.

His toolkit is either the same as the one of the main engineer, or a buff-kit. There are two types of buff-kits, the latter is mostly reserved for triple engineer crews or if you can expect only a few fires.

Main-kit                         Buff-kits

I tried to put the ships into an order of difficulty. At first you have the ships that are easiest to crew on (not to pilot on!) and in the end you have the ships that require more practice to crew on smoothly.

Offline Long Max

• Salutes: 3
    • [臭襪子]
    • View Profile
Re: How to crew: A visual guide for crews and pilots
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 01:42:01 pm »
Good job. Always can say more, but this basic schemes perfect for start.  It is necessary to note that a ship more complex from the crew's point of view means more expansion of the base zones to neighboring zones. But Mobula, Crusader and Magnate on my opinion better to set before Goldfish and Spire.