Author Topic: What causes the guns to get thrown off?  (Read 8360 times)

Offline DDwarriorfire

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
What causes the guns to get thrown off?
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:30:41 pm »
I'm still new but me and my teammates noticed that while shooting our shots would suddenly veer off in random directions for seemingly no reason.

I'd be aiming with the mecury gun and the first would go down the barrel as always and then suddenly the next shot would go off at a 45 degree.  What is this?  Is the ship being shaken by enemy fire? If so I'd like to know so I can time my shots for this.

Please help, it's more then annoying for my heavy gunner as well ^_^

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: What causes the guns to get thrown off?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:33:27 pm »
It's about turning, if you shoot a gun in the middle of a turn, the projectile veers off. It was supposed to be fixed recently but the problem is still there.

The work around is communication, make sure your guys know to wait until you've stopped drastically turning to fire. I think slight turns are fine, it's when really spin the wheel that causes trouble.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 09:16:35 pm »
I've also noticed that when scoping with the merc the first shot always seems to veer off completely. Is it just turning again, or is anybody else getting this?

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 10:07:30 pm »
I get it too, but since you're zoomed it might be an exaggerated effect of turning?

Offline DDwarriorfire

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 11:07:42 pm »
Thanks for the response.

The ship we use is the Spire so it turns quickly, this must be it.  When using the Galleon we never see this issue since well....it's the Galleon.

Also I noticed when we got stuck or were near a structure the effect reproduced itself.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 11:26:16 pm »
Actually the Galleon is a pretty big offender with this because it takes so long to turn you usually need to use a phoenix claw, which can really throw shots off as well. Add to the fact that you're trying to keep an arc on two heavy guns, you need to do a lot of turning that can impair shooting. It's all about flying smoothly and coordinating to your crew about when it's safe to fire.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 01:25:04 am »
Also be aware that the ship's momentum is added to the bullet. This is not a bug, but will cause some of the slower moving projectiles to track left or right of the point you aimed them. There are many factors to take into consideration when aiming a gun, the roll of the gunner isn't just point and click.