Author Topic: PvE to PvP map conversion wishlist (will dictate which maps are added to PvP)  (Read 18433 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Muse has requested a wishlist of the top PvE to PvP map conversions. The following is an image of all 10 available PvE maps (one is WIP in devapp).  I am trying something new, so click this VOTE LINK to rank the maps you would like to see converted to PvP from most to least. It would also be helpful to leave a post below with ideas on which sections of maps to use and for what modes.

Example: Devil's Eye B8 to E4 would make a great VIP (no it wouldn't, that is just an example).

Or, if you want to get more detailed, you can use the Zero Zero marker on the map to give coordinates for bounds. Left and down are negative numbers. This is an example of a detailed map.

Smaller sections of Voyagers Cove and Parous Glen have already been made into the Misty Mutiny and Ashen PvP maps, but could have potential for maps made from other areas.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:09:53 am by Richard LeMoon »

Offline Bookkeepper

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 1
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
I think Devil's Eye would make a great MOBA-style map. If only there was a gamemode...

Again, all the Intercept maps are perfect for an asymmetrical mode.

The southeast corner of blood narrows would make a nice DM map with plenty of opportunities for flanking.

Offline Zetnus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
Ideas:

Seas of Alleron:
Spawns bottom left and top right of the map.  Possibly rotate the whole thing by 45° to make it either north-south or east-west.  Deathmatch map for 2v2, 3v3, maybe 4v4?
The whole thing would play similarly to Canyon Ambush, but somewhat larger and more open.

Blistered Abyss:
Have not played it enough to be able to suggest anything specific.

Parous Glenn:
No specific ideas.  I think we should focus on some of the other maps first, although there are more possibilities here for the future.

Blood Narrows:
A smaller subsection ranging roughly from C5 to G1.  Spawns in the north and south, with battles happening in the various valleys

Devil's Eye:
Too open and not symmetric enough for a Deathmatch.  If at all, try crazy king with a hill at each drill, plus maybe 2-3 hills in the big open area.  I ranked Devil's Eye pretty low on the list though, because I don't see any good subsections for DM.

Oblivion:
Haven't really played it that much, so I have no ideas of my own.  But I trust Richard's suggestion for this map to be a good one.

Sunken Reach:
Far too big and probably too open as well.  If at all, it would need to be some section of it, but I do not know which that could be.

Thornholt:
In general too linear. Perhaps the area between the A and B refineries.  But I would have to check in game to see if that is actually suitable.

Voyager's Cove:
I think the current PvP implementation is pretty good we should focus on some of the other maps first

Wandering Ridge:
Perhaps a large square in the middle of the map.  I've only tested it once in devapp, by my general impression is that it could make for a good map for any and/or all of the modes.  Sort of like Labyrinth, but more open.  Although perhaps we should give it some time in PvE first, to iron out any potential issues.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Thornholt is ranking 3rd so far, so I made a map of the area PvP would take place. I might make an overlay of areas that can not be flown over at some point. You can fly all the way around the building (and maybe through with a small ship).

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Proposed map for Oblivion.

Proposed map for Blistered Abyss.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Seas of Alleron. The west and north side of this map are mostly impassable, high ground, dead ends, or simply dull. It would be a nightmare of hide and seek. Reduced to the most interesting and viable 7x7 grid.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:27:01 am by Richard LeMoon »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Oblivion south. This would create a surprisingly mirrored map with multiple paths to the center. And it has an anchor. What else could you ask for? Besides more hats, of course.

Offline CKWarner

• Salutes: 0
    • [μ μ]
    • View Profile
Classic DM arena with multiple paths through at different heights, with nowhere "safe." Lots of vertical movement to highlight the fact that you're in airships. Some narrow sections, some open sections.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
New Seas of Alleron. One grid larger due to feedback. Final map would be 8x8