Author Topic: Restore stackable crew form  (Read 8201 times)

Offline Narayan

• Salutes: 10
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
Restore stackable crew form
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:23:34 pm »
You know while I believe it was done with the best intentions I think a revival of crew form classic could help restore large clans and general enjoyment to guns of Icarus.

While it was on the surface a good anti stack measure I think all of us can agree than no anti stack measure will ever work in this game. Also there is a severe lack of large mid level clans that used to exist somewhere between grox and skbo. Think srep, ra, cake, dagz, sm. I think some of the reason that is lacking is because there is no way for 8-16 people to play consistently together for a long stretch of time, make friends and get good together.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: Restore stackable crew form
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 12:10:19 pm »
Also there is a severe lack of large mid level clans that used to exist somewhere between grox and skbo. Think srep, ra, cake, dagz, sm.

I don't know what you are talking about, Cake was always a top tier clan in my eyes. They were always pushing the game's meta and didn't mind loosing a few matches to make a point.

As for your original point, Muse probably has data on player retention before and after the team swap block was implemented so they probably know better than we do if the feature helped or hindered the growth of the mid tier skill player base. As the veteren player base knows how to circumvent the team swap blocking (friending, exiting and join friend) reverting back to crew form classic would be be a convenience. I would like the convenience, but only if it would also help grow the over all community (including the scrubs).

Offline Rareform K. Rozhkov

• Salutes: 84
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
    • Skyborne Site
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 07:25:06 pm »
Agreed.
I have seen lower lvls hurt by it as they want to play with their friends but arn't allowed to join them due to balance,
And it has no effect on higher lvls who all know how to circumvent through friends list.

^in reference to the ability to swap between teams freely
I'm unsure if you mean any other changes to be reverted to the "classic crew form"?

Offline Narayan

• Salutes: 10
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 08:30:48 pm »
Classic crew form means that if your lobby ends all ships from your original crew form will be returned there instead of split up into different crew forms.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 01:00:32 pm »
Classic crew form means that if your lobby ends all ships from your original crew form will be returned there instead of split up into different crew forms.
I did not take that as your meaning from the original post. I assumed you meant that in lobby you could jump between ships on both sides so long as there was an empty slot. I argued for the current post lobby death crew form because I of AFK players and absentee lobby leaders. Technically I argued that here should be a "Go Rouge" button that would take your ship out of a multi ship crew form and stick your current crew into a single ship crew form.