Author Topic: Scout Occulus Impossible  (Read 8253 times)

Offline HonorGoG

• Salutes: 0
    • [DÄNK]
    • View Profile
Scout Occulus Impossible
« on: October 05, 2017, 12:15:16 am »
So I recently joined the game and got involved quite heavily logging in nightly for a bit of fun.  I began the quest to do the 50 missions with a novice on board, which I figured was me for some of it, and managed to get to 45/50 before the special event expired.

Now, I'm not one to normally complain but as the group I joined the game with are less capable of multi-tasking, I sort of became the default pilot for the group.  Trial by fire as it were.  Once I hit level 8 in piloting, I was told I was no longer a novice.  So I looked to my clan to help.  Most of them, being specific to engineering or gunner, had also just hit level 8 or did so after a few more missions.  So I placed a request on the global channel several times asking for a novice.  No luck but a lot of queries as to what actually defines a novice.

So we all know the player numbers are not stellar and I'm wondering if requiring 50 matches with a novice is even possible.  It's a shame really since those goggles would have looked so nice with my blue outfit.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Scout Occulus Impossible
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 12:51:28 pm »
Yeah, I was also kind of disheartened the timer ended, I was so busy during the event I only had one full day in game, I had about 30/50.
While I've come to accept my fate and will probably have to wait a bit for the goggles, I'm sure if you plea to Muse with your 45/50, they'll give you it.
You can message muse at Feedback@musegames.com

Offline Corporal Ravioli

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 03:25:01 pm »
48/50 here.

I only wear full-face masks so it's not that big a deal. Looking dapper in-universe is cute, but it's not gonna help once you get a mug fulla shrapnel, fumes, and dust :P

Offline Zetnus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 06:02:55 am »
It was not impossible, but for those of us who are no longer a novice, and whose friends are no longer novice, it required actively sifting through lobbies to join novice ships.  Asking for people in global chat probably wouldn't cut it.  50 matches is quite a few, after all.

Offline Psi Crow

• Salutes: 6
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
    • germanspeaking GoI community on Steam
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 11:38:48 am »
for those of us who are no longer a novice, and whose friends are no longer novice, it required actively sifting through lobbies to join novice ships.
wasn't that like the whole point of the event? :D
But yeah was very busy too. had no chance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Hilary Briss

• Salutes: 22
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 11:03:31 am »
I attempted to do it actually teaching novice lobbies! Something a Ca should do. But when the crew (even if it was one on the ship) bails & leaves me to fly the ship as engineer whilst offering encouragement to the other team ally. Then eventually the lobby empties  what's the point?

This game has always excelled at setting unrealistic goals!